Thread poster: Angel_7
Angel_7
Angel_7  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:49
French to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2006

When I buy a new computer how can I move the software I have, i.e. Adobe Acrobat, AnyCount, SolidPDF Converter etc. to my new computer? Aren't they licensed for my old one? Doesn't this mean I somehow have to contact the originator of the software and let them know I want to install the software on my new computer?

Sarah

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:49
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Your software is licensed to be used on one computer Mar 28, 2006

but not on any specified computer.
If you install the software on a new PC, you can use it, but you are not allowed to use it on the old PC also (at least this is the usual licensing I know).
For example Microsoft Office will install and activate - but possibly you will have to call Microsoft to get the activation code for completlny new hardware.

But the software is usually not limited to a certain computer.

Regards
Jerzy

focustr
focustr
Local time: 08:49
Turkish to English
+ ...
If you are using both computers at home.. Mar 29, 2006

Sarah, if you would like to use both computers at home then I do not think it will be a problem to use the same licence on both. I have two desktop computers at home and only one licence for Adobe Acrobat Reader and some other licenced softwares. But I had to buy new licences to use on computers at work. But again as Jerzy says above, different softwares may have have different policies. It would be then be best to check out their web sites to learn more about their licencing policies.
... See more
Sarah, if you would like to use both computers at home then I do not think it will be a problem to use the same licence on both. I have two desktop computers at home and only one licence for Adobe Acrobat Reader and some other licenced softwares. But I had to buy new licences to use on computers at work. But again as Jerzy says above, different softwares may have have different policies. It would be then be best to check out their web sites to learn more about their licencing policies.

Regards,

Mahir
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 07:49
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Please be sure to check the license details for each application Mar 29, 2006

because it may be illegal to install particular software on several computers, even if all of them are at your home.

Uldis

Angel_7
Angel_7  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:49
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Adobe Acrobat Reader Mar 29, 2006

focustr wrote:

Regards,

Mahir

Do you mean the full (either standard or professional version) of Adobe Acrobat, as the Adobe Reader is free and can be installed on any machine?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Buying a new computer

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »