voipstunt.com (Free phone calls, allegedly)
Thread poster: Andrea Re
Andrea Re
Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:26
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 12, 2006

A friend of mine has told me about this site where you can phone not only other computers, but also landlines in Europe and in the US FOR FREE!!!!
The catch is that you have to pay 10EUR, but then you can phone as much as you like.
Has anybody tried it? Seems too good to be true.
With Skype you can phone very cheaply, but I have never paid for any phone call with them, so I don't know, so I don't know really how long 10EUR will last.

Awaiting comments anxiously.... See more
A friend of mine has told me about this site where you can phone not only other computers, but also landlines in Europe and in the US FOR FREE!!!!
The catch is that you have to pay 10EUR, but then you can phone as much as you like.
Has anybody tried it? Seems too good to be true.
With Skype you can phone very cheaply, but I have never paid for any phone call with them, so I don't know, so I don't know really how long 10EUR will last.

Awaiting comments anxiously.

Andrea
Collapse

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:26
English to Polish
+ ...
VoIPStunt is good Apr 12, 2006

The number of contries you can call for free is dwindling, but still being able to call Poland for 0.01 EUR per minute (!) or UK for 0.04 EUR per minute is not bad.

Most of Europe and USA are free.

Most probablly less people use it than SkypeOut, as quality of voice is better.

I will probably not use my EUR 10 - too much of it is free and I have 108 days left to use 9.37 EUR (I have more on my SkypeOut account - and also shall lose it soon).

Y
... See more
The number of contries you can call for free is dwindling, but still being able to call Poland for 0.01 EUR per minute (!) or UK for 0.04 EUR per minute is not bad.

Most of Europe and USA are free.

Most probablly less people use it than SkypeOut, as quality of voice is better.

I will probably not use my EUR 10 - too much of it is free and I have 108 days left to use 9.37 EUR (I have more on my SkypeOut account - and also shall lose it soon).

You can pay from a Moneybookers account, so you can do it all online.

Recommended.

[Edited at 2006-04-12 18:47]
Collapse

nruddy
nruddy  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:26
German to English
First came VOIPbuster... Apr 12, 2006

I used VOIPbuster for a while for calls to Europe (my credit of €5 is just running out now). Generally the voice quality was pretty good but sometimes it was bad for whatever reason.

I'd recommend it too.

Francesca Pesce
Francesca Pesce  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:26
English to Italian
+ ...
Skype rates Apr 13, 2006

Concerning Skype, I paid 10 EUR and after 2 months - & very few calls I must add - I still have EUR9,55.
You can consult Skype rates on line. They are quite simple to understand, if I remember well. Practically the same for most countries.
For Italian standards, they are really very low!

Andrea Re
Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:26
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well, I have paid..... Apr 13, 2006

and so far so good. I have made a few local calls and they are all free, as promised. The rate they charge for mobile phones is higher than Skype, but I would expect to get my 11.60EUR (inc. VAT) within a few weeks of local calls (and a few in Italy:), even if I lose my money.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

voipstunt.com (Free phone calls, allegedly)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »