Thread poster: Natalya Zelikova

Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 06:26
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 8, 2006

I am editing FM file and when I try to edit some markers there is no "Edit marker" button in the dialogue box. Only "new marker".
What can I do and how can I edit marker text?

Direct link Reply with quote

Marina Oliveira  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:26
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Is the marker text visible? Jun 8, 2006

Natalya Zelikova wrote:

I am editing FM file and when I try to edit some markers there is no "Edit marker" button in the dialogue box. Only "new marker".
What can I do and how can I edit marker text?

Hi Natalya,

When you display the marker dialog, does it show the marker text inside and no Edit button then?

I ask this because when you display the marker dialog without seleccting the marker to show the relevant text in the box, only a New marker button is available. You must select the marker itself.

HTH,

Marina

Ukraine
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it is selected Jun 8, 2006

No, Marina, it was selected.
But only "new marker" and inactive "delete marker" buttons were present.

Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Could it be protected? Jun 8, 2006

I see, Natalya.

Obviously, it is a more complex problem and I have never met such a situation. You mentioned a inactive "delete marker", it made me think (the first time too) if this wouldn't be a protected feature in that particular file, but if is I can't help either. (I just checked your profile now and blushed... you are way more experienced than I am, how could I help you!)

Hope someone else can. I am curious too about the solution.

Regards,
Marina

Ukraine
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jun 8, 2006

I am not that much experienced... Just trying to work in this field, since I like it. But working with other DTP programs sometimes is not helpful for others.
I have solved the problem in another way, though I would still like to know how could I access exactly "Edit marker" function...
Thank you for trying to help.

Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Glad you work around it Jun 9, 2006

Nice you solved it one way or another. I had thought of suggesting creating a new edited marker and deleting the old one, but as the delete button was inactive too... it would not be doable.

I, too, would like how to properly tackle such settings, you never know when it will knock at your door!

Good work,
Marina

Enote  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to Russian
Very strange Jun 9, 2006

It seems very strange to me. Can you send me FM file to have a look on uneditable marker?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FrameMaker: uneditable markers

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs