Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:06
Flemish to English
+ ...
Jul 13, 2006

E-fax used to be a free service. Not any more. For sending faxes you have to pay a hefty 226 euros per annum and receiving them does not seem to work well either.
Is there an alternative free service?

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:06
Czech to German
+ ...
Try this one Jul 13, 2006

Hi,

there was a thread in the forum about e-fax with some valuable hints: http://www.proz.com/post/322405#322405
Maybe you will find a company there, though it seems that free service is becoming more and more exceptional...

Charlotte

Marco Oberto
Marco Oberto  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:06
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
www.freefax.it Jul 13, 2006

Once this society offered free incoming faxes with no limits at all (I luckily maintained that privilege on my number).

You can now get a maximum of 3 faxes on an Italian landline (option FaxIn); if you need more you have to pay. It works fine. No complain at all.

To send faxes (option FaxOut), you have to buy a 25euro credit and each page you send costs from 0.18 to 0.50 euro.

Marco

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 04:06
Spanish
+ ...
FaxIt Nice Jul 13, 2006

It's not free but you don't have to pay any monthly free if you don't want. You pay for what you use, but there are several plans
if you send and receive many faxes a month.

I find it very fair, I rather pay one set up fee than a monthly fee for something I will not use very often.

Prepaid Basic Learn More about the Prepaid Basic plan

* No monthly fee!
* $14.99 setup fee
* 0 free pages per month
* 75¢ per page received
* 18¢ per page sent
* $20.00 prepaid balance will be refilled when it drops below $5.00 (learn more)

http://www.faxitnice.com

Edite: When you sign up, you're assigned a toll free number for the US. I don't know if you can get a local number.

[Edited at 2006-07-13 18:01]

kidblink
kidblink
English
Try FaxIt Nice for Free Nov 7, 2006

Send two pages anywhere in the US for free
http://www.faxitnice.com/SendAFreeFax?ComplimentaryFaxToken=IWantAFreeFax

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alternative for e-fax

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »