https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/51334-can_not_use_arabic_font_in_adobe_indesign.html

Can not use Arabic font in Adobe Indesign
Thread poster: john2006 (X)
john2006 (X)
john2006 (X)
Local time: 05:24
English to Arabic
Jul 14, 2006

Hello

I have installed Adobe Indesign and I could not use Arabic font although I installed it according to instructions.
How
I copied the font and paste it in the font folder that is in the folder of Indesign CS. This is according to instructions.
Letters appear like this: -
ي ع ت ب ر ع ل م ا ل ت ر ج م ة
Arabic font should appear like this: -
بعتبر علم الترجمة
That happens in the file that was sent to me from
... See more
Hello

I have installed Adobe Indesign and I could not use Arabic font although I installed it according to instructions.
How
I copied the font and paste it in the font folder that is in the folder of Indesign CS. This is according to instructions.
بعتبر علم الترجمة
That happens in the file that was sent to me from the company
But
when i open new file of INDD , then, arabic letters do not appear at all.
So, what is the problem?

Thanks
Collapse

Lars Jelking
Lars Jelking  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 07:24
English to Swedish
+ ...
ME version. Jul 15, 2006

The standard (western) InDesign does not work with right-to-left languages. You must have the Meddle East version of Adobes applications to be able to write Arabic.

libhf
libhf
United States
Local time: 00:24
English to Arabic
+ ...
Are you prepared to spend more money? Jul 15, 2006

I use Adobe Indesign CS Middle Eastern Version for Windows. It is a hefty investment, believe me, but well worth it.

john2006 wrote:

Hello

How
بعتبر علم الترجمة
That happens in the file that was sent to me from the company
But
when i open new file of INDD , then, arabic letters do not appear at all.
So, what is the problem?

Thanks

[Edited at 2006-07-15 16:27]

Paul Hirsh
Paul Hirsh  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:24
French to English
+ ...
I couldnt use it for Chinese either Jul 15, 2006

I couldnt use it for Chinese either, though my version is 1.5. does anyone know if they've sorted it out in version 2?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can not use Arabic font in Adobe Indesign

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »