Lindsay Sabadosa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:46
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Aug 30, 2006

Hi,
I have Translation Office 3000 and today my computer encountered an error and had to shut down. Okay. That was fine. Everything started up again, no problem. Except when I went to open Translation Office and the program gave me the message that "Database does not match your Private Key registration name." It asks me to re-enter my license key but when I do, it gives me the same error message. It's treating me like I was using the program in its trial phase which is ridiculous because I bought it eight months ago. I contacted their help center and still haven't heard anything!!! So,
1) has anyone had to contact them before? Do they actually get back to you? (I checked the urgent box - ALL my client records are on here) and
2) does anyone have any suggestions about how to resolve this?
Any, any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2004)
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
Uninstall Aug 30, 2006

The same problem happened for me some months ago, I uninstalled and then reinstalled the software and entered the registration info. till it worked. A;though I keep daily backups of the database, so I didn't much data this way.

As for your other question, yes indeed they get back to you on support requests, I've asked them a couple of questions so far, all were answered quite promptly.

My advice: You can never make too many backups of your data!

[Edited at 2006-08-30 01:47]

Karen Picolin  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:46
Member (2005)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Folder with files Aug 30, 2006

Lindsay Sabadosa wrote:

1) has anyone had to contact them before? Do they actually get back to you? (I checked the urgent box - ALL my client records are on here) and
2) does anyone have any suggestions about how to resolve this?
Any, any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi Lindsay,

The program creates a folder called "Business", and in there you will find all your clients folders.

Hope it helps at least to get the information you need!

Karen

Lindsay Sabadosa  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 31, 2006

Thank you to both for your responses. I truly appreciate it. Unfortunately, nothing has yet worked and I'm very hesitant to uninstall because I haven't backed up recently enough (yes, kicking myself now). I've been in touch with the manufacturer though, who is being extremely helpful and I've sent him all my data so that his staff can try to figure it out. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Thanks again!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Huge Problems with Translation Office 3000

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs