Thread poster: Mara Ballarini

Mara Ballarini  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 06:27
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 31, 2006

Hi, first of all I apologize if i've posted this forum on the wrong place, but couldn't find a proper one.
I'm doing my first translation in tag editor of .sgm files. Since I don't have the software to read sgm, I can't see a preview, and believe me, translating a technical text all segmented into pieces with tags you don't know what they mean, is quite hard to understand...
However, it's become quite essential to understand a sentence correctly, that I understand what the tag *** / *** means. Does anyone know, or know a source where I could find all, or some .sgm tags.
Thank you very much in advance!
Mara

Direct link Reply with quote

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:27
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Check out this PDF document Aug 31, 2006

Hi Maria,

I've found this PDF document http://support.sciencedirect.com/sgml/docs/tagbytag4.pdf
containing all sgm tags with descriptions and explanations.

Search in it for "sol" as a whole word. Apparently is a vertical ornament, whatever it means...

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2006-08-31 08:40]

Mara Ballarini  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 06:27
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
may be a slash Aug 31, 2006

Hi Gianfranco,

thanks a lot. Always helpful!

I think it's a slash ( / ) or ( \ ), which I already thought to be one of the possibilities, given the context.

If you're interested in it, I found it among the symbols on page 217 of the pdf file you suggested.

Thanks again and have a nice day!

Mara

p.s: don't wanna be picky, but since you're not the first, I think sometimes it hasn't just been a typo: my name is Mara, not Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tag in .sgm

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs