krtko
krtko
China
Local time: 15:52
English to Croatian
+ ...
Oct 10, 2006

Hello all

I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0. While I am proofreading the text, I cannot get Croatian letters like č(ch) or š(sh) in the Comment window. Instead I get c or s. Any help, especially prompt, is appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 10:52
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
The same with Latvian Oct 10, 2006

Usually with some PDF files the keyboard after each note (or even a word in a note) jumps back to the keyboard layout of language in which the original file was. I don't know how to repair that, but on my computer keyboard language settings switches by pressing Shift + Alt. So that's what I constantly do- I set the keyboard back to Latvian after entering each note...

Uldis

To Jan: I have Full Acrobat, version 7.0.8, Win XP.

krtko wrote:

Hello all

I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0. While I am proofreading the text, I cannot get Croatian letters like č(ch) or š(sh) in the Comment window. Instead I get c or s. Any help, especially prompt, is appreciated. Many thanks in advance

[Rediģēts plkst. 2006-10-11 09:05]

[Rediģēts plkst. 2006-10-11 09:07]

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 09:52
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sounds like an ugly bug Oct 11, 2006

Nasty! Does anyone know if this bug is present in Acrobat 7 (or 8, if you've tried the beta yet)?

Also, you could check if it occurs in Reader 7 if you don't have the full version. Remember that you can create notes in Reader, you just have to enable the comment function in Acrobat first.

I also guess that this is a Windows-only bug?! Mac OSX has better handling of different fonts. Anybody can verify it?

/Jan

krtko
krtko
China
Local time: 15:52
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks guys Oct 11, 2006

Thank you both. I needed a quick solution, but will try to find a long-term one, and get back to you then. Thanks again

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with proofreading in PDF

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »