Thread poster: Andrea Re

Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:57
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 12, 2006

Hi again,

has anybody tried it? It appeared the other day and, as a result, I seem to have lost all my aliases: only the main address is left. I am quite annoyed because I subscribed to a few things using aliases and now the messages are lost in cyberspace.... I sent myself several messages (I am a sad person!!!) to check, but they have not been delivered nor have they bounced. I sent a support ticket and I am waiting to hear from them. In the meantime, has anybody experienced any problems with this new version?

Andrea

Update

I have managed to find out that now "aliases" are called "disposable addresses" and that you have to upgrade to MailPlus and pay $20 a year. It would have all been OK if they had given me a bit of warning instead of cutting me off like that. Let's see what they say when (and if...) they reply to my support ticket.

[Edited at 2006-11-12 11:42]

Direct link Reply with quote

Serkan Doğan  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 11:57
Turkish to English
+ ...
Mail Beta Nov 12, 2006

I did not try it yet. It is available for XP and above. But, as far as I get the related complaints, it is similar to Outlook but most of its users easily give up beta in a short period. Also, a proz-incompatibility occurred along with this improvement in yahoo services. In addition, new Hotmail's Windows Live Mail Beta is really attractive and easy-to-use. Still, gmail is my favorite and all others imitate it.

Galina F
United States
Local time: 04:57
English to Russian
+ ...
I tried it Nov 12, 2006

Hi, Andrea:
I tried it and as I use the dial up connection it made all things sooo much slower done so I gave up it after the first trial.
Best wishes,
Galina

Amy Duncan  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:57
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Yahoo is eating my messages Nov 12, 2006

I switched to Beta, and my messages started disappearing. I'd see them pop up, and then when I went to check them they were gone! I've switched to gmail.

Amy

endahws  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:57
English to Indonesian
Have tried YM Beta Nov 12, 2006

Have tried YM Beta but decided to the old version. It was because everything became confusing.

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:57
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Too slow Nov 12, 2006

I had to change back to the old mode.

Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you, but..... Nov 12, 2006

.... is anybody experiencing loss of aliases or is it just me.

Thank you for all the comments. So far it seems pretty much that the beta version is to be ditched, but still I would like to get my other addesses back.... Let's see what they say from Yahoo technical assistance tomorrow morning (or whenever:)).

Andrea

Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Italian to English
I don't use aliases Nov 12, 2006

although I have two usernames for the same email box (is that what you mean by alias?) and both were retained when I upgraded.

I downgraded back to IE version 6 pretty quickly though as I was unable to copy and paste into email (from web docs or office docs) and the tabs were so slow the whole thing was pretty useless.

I now use a combination of IE and mozilla fiefox (IE for emails as I have the same copy and paste problem with firefox) and firefox for tab browsing. What a nightmare!

Hope you manage to resolve the issues you're having,

Ivana

[Edited at 2006-11-12 21:55]

Silvia Oviedo Lopez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
switch back to the old version Nov 13, 2006

Hi, maybe you can try and switch back to the old version. Not as an ultimate solution, but maybe it will help you receive the emails sent to those addresses.

Angel Biojo
United States
Local time: 01:57
English to Spanish
Yahoo Beta Nov 13, 2006

I tried it too and did not like it at all. Give me the old version anytime.

Ara Mkrtchyan  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 12:57
English to Armenian
+ ...
another thing I don't like about Y!Beta Nov 13, 2006

is that it keeps refreshing the content, namely the ads and keeps clicking and clicking, thus slowering the whole process of opening a window, for example, or even closing it (though my connection is a rather high-speed one). Yahoo should review this policy, I gather.

Rgrds,
Ara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Yahoo! Mail Beta

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs