Does anybody have the KudoZ.NET application?
Thread poster: Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:07
English to French
+ ...
Dec 1, 2006

Dear fellow translators,

As I have already posted in order to find out if KudoZ.NET is available somewhere on this site and got no response whatsoever (!), I am turning to you to somehow put my hand on it.

If anybody has it (the working copy, which doesn't have the system clock bug), please be so kind as to get in touch so I can download it or have it sent to me by e-mail. In exchange, if you would like, I can share some of my translation-related freeware that I am sure
... See more
Dear fellow translators,

As I have already posted in order to find out if KudoZ.NET is available somewhere on this site and got no response whatsoever (!), I am turning to you to somehow put my hand on it.

If anybody has it (the working copy, which doesn't have the system clock bug), please be so kind as to get in touch so I can download it or have it sent to me by e-mail. In exchange, if you would like, I can share some of my translation-related freeware that I am sure you will find useful.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Please don't go telling me that the software is not supported anymore. I know that's what the site says, but this was said over a year before site staff have made a new, bugless version available. They have simply stopped developing it - but the software is supposed to be still working.

[Edited at 2006-12-01 21:20]
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 19:07
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Hi Viktoria Dec 1, 2006

Yes, I have an installation working for me. Will email it to you.

Uldis

Uldis Liepkalns
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
BTW Dec 1, 2006

I emailed the installation two 2 members who asked for it.
But, as far as I remember, the problem was some time limit- in order to fool that you have to set your computer time some years back for the moment of installation- say, to year 2003?

After the installation is complete, you can set your computer time back to today and all should work.

Uldis

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 18:07
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
wth is Kudoz.NET?? Dec 2, 2006

I smell blood/fish/meat... Can you enlighten me, Victoria?

TiA

smo

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
KudoZ.NET - versions with and without bugs Dec 2, 2006

Thanks, Uldis!

Yes, I would love it if you could e-mail me the version you have, which seems to be the old version. I guess playing with the system clock is the price to pay to get the program working - well, in the circumstances, I think that price is fair enough. They have repaired this later on, and they have posted the updated program, but now, I get an error message when I try to download it. Something is wrong with the site. Since the KudoZ bar is incompatible with my browser,
... See more
Thanks, Uldis!

Yes, I would love it if you could e-mail me the version you have, which seems to be the old version. I guess playing with the system clock is the price to pay to get the program working - well, in the circumstances, I think that price is fair enough. They have repaired this later on, and they have posted the updated program, but now, I get an error message when I try to download it. Something is wrong with the site. Since the KudoZ bar is incompatible with my browser, and since that browser is so good for translation, I can't use the bar.

To answer Vito's question, now. You probably know the KudoZ bar. KudoZ.NET is the ancestor of that. It's a standalone executable that is basically an interface to search, browse, ask and answer KudoZ questions. It is also much more practical than using the site for KudoZ, because you don't have to go back and forth between pages. The questions are presented rather with buttons and thumbnails so you never lose track of the questions you were looking at. It's a more convenient way to browse questions. To me, it's also a more convenient way to search them. This has been replaced by the KudoZ bar, which I can't give an opinion on - I never got to try it since my browser just doesn't take it. I can imagine though that the bar is even better than the old program. If you are using it, I'd love to hear about it. I don't think I will be able to switch to it, but I am curious.
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
I placed non-expiring version on Dec 4, 2006

my Web Storage place:

www.tulko.lv/e

Username / Passw: KudoZNet / KudoZNet

You can download the file by double clicking on it.

I apologize if I sent the old, Time Stamp affected version to anyone, I just saw I may have confused them.

Uldis

Dr. Jason Faulkner
Dr. Jason Faulkner  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:07
Spanish to English
Application Problems Dec 8, 2006

Thanks Uldis for posting the application.

I can't get the application to download the KudoZ questions. when I click on "Download New Questions" I get an error message that says the "connection has failed. Please try again."

Anyone else have a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated.

SaludoZ!
Jason

Alexandra Scott
Alexandra Scott  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2006)
Italian to English
+ ...
Thanks! Jan 1, 2007

Uldis Liepkalns wrote:

my Web Storage place:

www.tulko.lv/e

Username / Passw: KudoZNet / KudoZNet

You can download the file by double clicking on it.

I apologize if I sent the old, Time Stamp affected version to anyone, I just saw I may have confused them.

Uldis

Thanks so much Uldis for making this file available, and Happy New Year!

Alexandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anybody have the KudoZ.NET application?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »