PDF graphic callouts
Thread poster: alebriones
alebriones
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 28, 2006

Could someone please tell me specifically what graphic callouts are? They are mentioned in the instructions for a job in pdf and I am a bit embarassed to ask the client this question (I assume it has to do with images in the text?)

Thanks so much

Direct link Reply with quote

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 16:51
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Callouts... Dec 28, 2006

Here is a web link which should provide you with enough information to sound knowledgeable:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/glossary.html

Good luck,

Bill

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ask Dec 28, 2006

Ask the client also, and don't be embarassed to do do; the only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:51
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Text that is embedded in images Dec 29, 2006

... at least in regards to translation. At least, that's what my clients refer to with "callouts".

Often, graphics include embedded text. I.e. the text itself is not accessible as text since it's part of the image and can therefore not be edited directly. Some clients provide "callouts" to the translators. These callouts are usually text strings in a table (Excel, for instance). The agency's/client's DTP or graphic person will then integrate the translated text into the graphics.

alebriones
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 29, 2006

Thanks everyone, the information/input is much appreciated. Happy New Year!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PDF graphic callouts

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs