https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/65760-uninstall_adobe_premiere_pro.html

Uninstall Adobe Premiere Pro
Thread poster: linadia
linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
Feb 12, 2007

Hello,

I cannot uninstall Adobe Premiere Pro from Control Panel. Is there another way to unistall it without having to install it first.

I remember having uninstalled it before, but it is still there and it is not even working as it lacks some files for start-up.

Thank you,
Nadia

Elena Carbonell
Elena Carbonell  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:51
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
How to manually uninstall Premiere Pro Feb 12, 2007

Hello Nadia,

I had a similar problem yesterday, the problem being actually that I had to install a new codec and then everything was ok.
This is a link from Adobe Support Center where everything is explained. I hope it helps:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=333424

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can I proceed with the manual uninstallation skipping the removal from the Control Panel first? Feb 12, 2007

Hi Elena,

This is exactly what I was looking for.
But before going any further I thought I might know, since the uninstall from the "Add and remove" button does not work for Adobe Premiere Pro and which is explained in the link you provided, can I proceed with the manual removal right away?

Thank you,
Nadia

Elena Carbonell
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes!! Feb 19, 2007

Sorry for not having answered before, Nadia. I just saw your message. Yes, if you cannot uninstall it through the control panel proceed to the manual uninstall but beware... sometimes you cannot find the files they list simply... because they are already gone. Another tip: it's a long procedure, so print it out, make a nice cup of tea and take your time.
Cheers!

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Manual uninstall ot rid of 99% of Adobe Premiere Pro Feb 19, 2007

Hi Elena,

I have ventured into manual uninstall and it was lengthy as you said and I was so afraid I might remove a registry by mistake and end up with a new problem!

Any way it went well, you have been a great help really.

Best regards,
Nadia

Elena Carbonell
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
And what was your problem? Feb 20, 2007

And now that you have uninstalled it... Is the problem solved? What problem did you have?
Regards,

Elena

santosh_kh
santosh_kh
English
thanks a zillion Apr 11, 2007

I was very worried on uninstalling adope premeir, also i was about to reload window again but thanks you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Uninstall Adobe Premiere Pro

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »