Dragon Preferred 9.0 and Wordfast 5.50 conflict
Thread poster: Jennifer Baker
Jennifer Baker
Jennifer Baker  Identity Verified
United States
Italian to English
Feb 14, 2007

I've recently started using Dragon Naturally Speaking, and would like to use it with Wordfast. My problem is that when I move to a new segmant in Wordfast, Dragon inserts the spoken text into the tiny purple print in the first delimiter of the document. I have to go and cut the inserted text from the delimiter, and then I can dictate and insert text into the Wordfast segment without any problems. This happens EVERY time that I start a new segment. I've tried double clicking when starting a seg... See more
I've recently started using Dragon Naturally Speaking, and would like to use it with Wordfast. My problem is that when I move to a new segmant in Wordfast, Dragon inserts the spoken text into the tiny purple print in the first delimiter of the document. I have to go and cut the inserted text from the delimiter, and then I can dictate and insert text into the Wordfast segment without any problems. This happens EVERY time that I start a new segment. I've tried double clicking when starting a segment, but that doesn't work either.
Any suggestions?
Thanks to all --
Jennifer
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:46
Spanish
+ ...
Tag Protection Feb 14, 2007

Hi Jennifer,

I haven't used Wordfast in years, but have you tried enabling Tag Protection? That might solve the problem.

Good luck,
Claudia

Parpalhol
Parpalhol  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:46
English to French
+ ...
Use the Find and Replace function Feb 14, 2007

I also use DNS8 within Wordfast and had the same problem until I found the solution in a Forum (sorry cannot remember its location).

If you use the Find and Replace function of MS-Word, (i.e. finding XMPOPLO and replacing it with VVbvbvN), DNS will be writing at the right location.

It could work for the rest of the translation process, but sometimes, you may have the same problem back after a few segments: that is why I have created a macro that I use every time I clos
... See more
I also use DNS8 within Wordfast and had the same problem until I found the solution in a Forum (sorry cannot remember its location).

If you use the Find and Replace function of MS-Word, (i.e. finding XMPOPLO and replacing it with VVbvbvN), DNS will be writing at the right location.

It could work for the rest of the translation process, but sometimes, you may have the same problem back after a few segments: that is why I have created a macro that I use every time I close a TU and open the next one.

Hope it will help,
Jean-Michel
Collapse

Benno Groeneveld
Benno Groeneveld  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:46
English to Dutch
+ ...
My find/replace Mar 4, 2007

can't find XMPOPLO in my Word/Wordfast document. So I can't do a find-replace.

And Dragon writes what I say in the tiny purple print.

Can't find 'tag protection' either.

Any other solutions out there? (Dragn 9/WF 5.0)

[Edited at 2007-03-04 17:09]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon Preferred 9.0 and Wordfast 5.50 conflict

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »