Thread poster: Vincas Alesius
Vincas Alesius
Vincas Alesius
Local time: 00:50
Lithuanian to German
+ ...
Mar 5, 2007

Hi,
does anybody know where can I purchase Interleaf/Quicksilver 2.0 and what is the price? Thank you for answering.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 23:50
German
+ ...
Quote Mar 7, 2007

Short and painless:
www.broadvision.com

Very customer-unfriendly, you may have to try several addresses to get in touch with them. Also, they don't have a price list, you have to ask for a quote.

HTH,
Benjamin

Vincas Alesius
Vincas Alesius
Lithuanian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanx Mar 7, 2007

Thank you, I could find the site, but as far as I noticed, there is no pricing at this site. And I think, Quicksilver is not the easiest way to process documents while translating.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
And expect a very high price Mar 7, 2007

I've asked several years ago, as one of our customers is working with it and was giving us Transit projects.
Now I'm glad the price was that high - the customer does not provie any work now and there are not so many companies using Interlead.
And indeed, this program is also not very user-friendly.

Jerzy

Vincas Alesius
Vincas Alesius
Lithuanian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
High price Mar 7, 2007

Are there any "experts" in working with Quicksilver who could share their experience? I`ve got a bunch of files (pdf and interleafe-files included) with an inquiry to translate it using Quicksilver. There must be an option to get it ready for translating by using Tag Editor then buying Quicksilver.

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Only if the files are in IASCII format Mar 7, 2007

You cannot open original Interleaf files without Interleaf, I'm sorry. AFAIK any CAT tool is usung this Ileaf interchange format (similar to MIF for Framemaker).

Jerzy

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
It's not half bad actually, from a translation standpoint Mar 8, 2007

Vincas Alesius wrote:

Are there any "experts" in working with Quicksilver who could share their experience? I`ve got a bunch of files (pdf and interleafe-files included) with an inquiry to translate it using Quicksilver. There must be an option to get it ready for translating by using Tag Editor then buying Quicksilver.

I've done quite a few projects with Interleaf/Quicksilver and the process is pretty fool-proof:
You take the IASCII files from Quicksilver (or generate them if you have the program) and convert them to .ttx using S-Tagger for Interleaf.
Then you translate them, minding the tags as with any other TTX files.
Following translation, re-convert them to IASCII and place them in their original folders.
And finally someone might have to post-format the files in Quicksilver. It's not that hard once you get used to it.

As you can see, there are a few extra steps involved compared to translating, say, MS Word files, but the good thing about Quicksilver files is that they're usually very well-structured and formatted (i.e. no broken segments etc.)

HTH,
Benjamin

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The process is very similar to translating Framemaker, but... Mar 8, 2007

tectranslate wrote:

Vincas Alesius wrote:

I've done quite a few projects with Interleaf/Quicksilver and the process is pretty fool-proof:
You take the IASCII files from Quicksilver (or generate them if you have the program) and convert them to .ttx using S-Tagger for Interleaf.
Then you translate them, minding the tags as with any other TTX files.
Following translation, re-convert them to IASCII and place them in their original folders.
And finally someone might have to post-format the files in Quicksilver. It's not that hard once you get used to it.

As you can see, there are a few extra steps involved compared to translating, say, MS Word files, but the good thing about Quicksilver files is that they're usually very well-structured and formatted (i.e. no broken segments etc.)

HTH,
Benjamin
You must have been very lucky - my files from Interleaf, which I've got in Transit, have always had some broken segments, like "hexagonal" "screw" building two different segments. And because my customer used one file to pretranslate another one, the result was a number of hexagonal hexagonals or similar

Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interleaf/Quicksilver

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »