Thread poster: Paula Hernández

Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 24, 2007

Hi everyone,
I've just been given a document in .pdf, my problem is that I can't use an ocr to convert it into a .doc since the .pdf seems to have been originally made from images.
I managed to convert the .pdf into .rtf so that I can have the separate images, does anyone know of any software that converts images into .doc?

Direct link Reply with quote

Radoslav Galikj  Identity Verified
Macedonia (FYROM)
Local time: 08:12
English to Macedonian
+ ...
This could help Mar 24, 2007

Hola Paula,

Since you have a doc in pdf created from images, I think you woud have to use an ocr application. To do this, you should open the pdf file and export it into images with jpg or gif or tiff format. Those images are easily handled by any serious ocr reader, such as abby fine reader or readiris. I assume the rest will go smoothly. However, depending on scan resolution, you may encounter ocr mistakes that you will need to correct yourself.

Brgds,
Radoslav Galic

Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked!! Mar 24, 2007

Thank you so much!! I owe you one

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert an image to word

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs