Mobile menu

Translation Office 3000 - import data from previous version?
Thread poster: Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:32
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 10, 2007

I have just bought a new laptop and downloaded Translation Office 3000 V. 8.0. On my old laptop I had V. 7.

Now I wanted to import the data from my old laptop (V. 7) to V. 8 on my new machine but I cannot seem to find the way to do this. "Import" does not appear in the help index either.

In V. 7 I can see an option for Importing Data from previous versions, but I cannot see such an option in V. 8.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Direct link Reply with quote

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:32
English to French
Are you sure you want to upgrade? Apr 10, 2007

You can download the tools that let you do just that:

I read somewhere how to proceed, probably in the Help related to the various import utilities.
You will have to prep your v7 data and convert business expenses into jobs or something, but I can't remember having much trouble importing my data.

The next step is to choose whether to implement this new v8 version. I still haven't made my decision, even though I bought the upgrade last January... It looks more powerful, but navigation and design are different.

A lot of valuable info was posted in the fora about this v8 version.

Happy admin,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Office 3000 - import data from previous version?

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs