"Time Stamp" work time versus elapsed time--help!
Thread poster: Patricia Rosas

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2007

I'm using Time Stamp version 3.21.2006-0906.

Looking at a time card that had one entry, I suddenly spotted a terrible problem.

I worked for 29 minutes, and it shows 29 minutes ELAPSED and 1 hour WORKED. Where did that 1 hour come from??

The only total generated is for the "WORKED" column (which is automatically multiplied by the hourly rate).

So the sheets are worthless unless I add the ELAPSED TIME by hand.

Can someone explain this? Have I toggled a setting that I shouldn't have? Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I found a work around... Apr 25, 2007

I dumped everything into an Excel spreadsheet, now it makes more sense and is usable. If I knew how to hit the delete button for this thread, I'd close it down ...

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 23:00
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
if you close and open... Apr 26, 2007

the time stamp, it (eventually) is OK. There's a refresh or recalculate button somewhere too...

smo

United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you, Vito! Apr 27, 2007

Vito Smolej wrote:

the time stamp, it (eventually) is OK. There's a refresh or recalculate button somewhere too...

smo

I haven't tried it yet (I've rushed on to other work), but the next time I use Time Stamp, I'll try that!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Time Stamp" work time versus elapsed time--help!

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs