Leena vom Hofe
Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:30
English to German
+ ...
Apr 27, 2007

Hello Everybody,

I have started working with FrameMaker lately and am elaborating a QA-procedure for one of my clients. As my translation shall be proofread by an engineer, I have thought of making changes visible by using a different font color (as these FrameMaker-"change bars" only indicate where changes have been made, but not what has been changed).

Now, the documents I am working on have been created in Paris and you must think I am stupid, but I do not find how
... See more
Hello Everybody,

I have started working with FrameMaker lately and am elaborating a QA-procedure for one of my clients. As my translation shall be proofread by an engineer, I have thought of making changes visible by using a different font color (as these FrameMaker-"change bars" only indicate where changes have been made, but not what has been changed).

Now, the documents I am working on have been created in Paris and you must think I am stupid, but I do not find how to change font color in FrameMaker. I am using FrameMaker 7.2 for Windows XP. I have had a look in the manual, I have read the help-files, I have tried to change the color in the pop-up menu under "Design" (German: Darstellung) "Color", but that does not change anything.

Am I blind?
Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks a million for your help!

A nice week-end to everybody!
Collapse

Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
Usually... Apr 27, 2007

...you can do it with Paragraph Design or Character Design from the menu toolbar.

Highlight the word(s) you want to change the colour, then use Character Design to change only those words.

If you want to change the colour of the whole paragraph, just drag the mouse in that paragraph and choose Paragraph Design. You don't need to highlight any word, since the change will apply to the whole paragraph automatically.

Hope this helps

Leena vom Hofe
Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Gianni! Apr 27, 2007

That was exactely what I needed! A hint in the right direction. I don't have "Character design" in the toolbar, but I have found the solution with the idea you gave me!

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing font color in FrameMaker

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »