Mobile menu

Is TO3000 enough for the tax authorities?
Thread poster: Fan Gao

Fan Gao
Local time: 17:14
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 18, 2007

I've been looking through some old threads and clearly Translation Office 3000 is recommended over the other packages available.

My question is, is TO3000 enough on it's own to satisfy your requirements and the tax authorities in your country?

I ask because it seems some people prefer to use TO3000 in conjunction with another piece of accounting software like QuickBooks.

For people who use QuickBooks, do you do your own tax returns or do you still use an accountant?

Would investing in both of these packages avoid the need for employing the services of an accountant?

Thanks and best wishes,

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Local time: 08:14
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
eventually it's your signature May 18, 2007

below the papers, and whoever put them together, whatever way he/she did it, is irrelevant, at least for the tax office. It makes a difference if you get picked for a shakedown, but the difference can only be of a generic nature - do I keep my house in order or not.

I use Translation Office. Because Quickbooks just did not make much sense given the specifics of the trade. There's a lot of driftwood for a freelancer in there, like stockroom control, purchasing / ordering functions etc.

nordiste  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:14
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
Depends on the requirements of your country's tax authorities May 18, 2007

In France accounts must be kept either on a special handwritten book (no eraser allowed !) or using a certified software ; reports and statements have to be in French of course.
TO3000 doe not qualify as an accounting software.

And if you employ an accountant they must be chartered too ("expert-comptable").

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is TO3000 enough for the tax authorities?

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs