Is TO3000 enough for the tax authorities?
Thread poster: Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 05:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 18, 2007

Hi,
I've been looking through some old threads and clearly Translation Office 3000 is recommended over the other packages available.

My question is, is TO3000 enough on it's own to satisfy your requirements and the tax authorities in your country?

I ask because it seems some people prefer to use TO3000 in conjunction with another piece of accounting software like QuickBooks.

For people who use QuickBooks, do you do your own tax returns or do you still
... See more
Hi,
I've been looking through some old threads and clearly Translation Office 3000 is recommended over the other packages available.

My question is, is TO3000 enough on it's own to satisfy your requirements and the tax authorities in your country?

I ask because it seems some people prefer to use TO3000 in conjunction with another piece of accounting software like QuickBooks.

For people who use QuickBooks, do you do your own tax returns or do you still use an accountant?

Would investing in both of these packages avoid the need for employing the services of an accountant?

Thanks and best wishes,
Mark
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 21:29
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
eventually it's your signature May 18, 2007

below the papers, and whoever put them together, whatever way he/she did it, is irrelevant, at least for the tax office. It makes a difference if you get picked for a shakedown, but the difference can only be of a generic nature - do I keep my house in order or not.

I use Translation Office. Because Quickbooks just did not make much sense given the specifics of the trade. There's a lot of driftwood for a freelancer in there, like stockroom control, purchasing / ordering functions
... See more
below the papers, and whoever put them together, whatever way he/she did it, is irrelevant, at least for the tax office. It makes a difference if you get picked for a shakedown, but the difference can only be of a generic nature - do I keep my house in order or not.

I use Translation Office. Because Quickbooks just did not make much sense given the specifics of the trade. There's a lot of driftwood for a freelancer in there, like stockroom control, purchasing / ordering functions etc.
Collapse

nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:29
English to French
+ ...
Depends on the requirements of your country's tax authorities May 18, 2007

In France accounts must be kept either on a special handwritten book (no eraser allowed !) or using a certified software ; reports and statements have to be in French of course.
TO3000 doe not qualify as an accounting software.

And if you employ an accountant they must be chartered too ("expert-comptable").

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is TO3000 enough for the tax authorities?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »