Thread poster: Per Riise

Per Riise  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 01:38
Member (2003)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
May 18, 2007

I'm looking for a tool that you can feed with a glossary and then search for everything in that glossary in one file (not an S&R tool for searching multiple files). Is it too much too ask?

Direct link Reply with quote

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 02:38
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Inforapid May 18, 2007

http://www.inforapid.com/html/english.htm

It's free for private use and will search for a word/phrase in your whole computer, specific folder or specific file- you have to specify where to look for what and file type. I doubt however there is an option to feed it any glossary.

But it's very fast, I use it when I remember only some (exact) part of a phrase I need, but have no clue where in what document in my multi-level documents' folders it's located- search rarely takes more than a minute.

Uldis

xxxMihai Badea  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Xbench May 18, 2007

Hi Per,

I think Xbench may be what you’re looking for. This is a free terminology tool that supports several formats. It’s a beta, but I’ve been using it for more than one year without any problems. You can find details about it at the above link.

Kind regards,
Mihai

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
PlusTools at Wordfast - it does this kind of bulk parsing May 18, 2007

it's a N/C word plug-in. Can be useful in any case.

Per Riise  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2003)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
+Tools it is! May 19, 2007

Thanks for your kind help. The answer was obviously +Tools. It's been so long since the last time I used it, I'd totally forgotten about it. Had to tweak my glossary somewhat to make +Tools, so now I'm only hoping that it'll manage searching for 1300 expressions at the same time (the test run didn't go that well)!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software which can search for many phrases in one file

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs