https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/73976-translation_office_3000_i_need_help_formatting_the_variables_for_templates.html

Translation Office 3000 - I need help formatting the variables for templates
Thread poster: Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 00:21
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 27, 2007

Hi,
After spending hours and hours reading the help section and experimenting with the invoice template I want to use, I am almost there. However, there is one thing, which I just can't find how to do so I'm hoping someone here can help. Viktoria, I hope you read this:)

I've got the template to the point where it is almost finished, but this is what I want to do:

The variables pick up information from the database, which is transferred to the invoice, but how do I
... See more
Hi,
After spending hours and hours reading the help section and experimenting with the invoice template I want to use, I am almost there. However, there is one thing, which I just can't find how to do so I'm hoping someone here can help. Viktoria, I hope you read this:)

I've got the template to the point where it is almost finished, but this is what I want to do:

The variables pick up information from the database, which is transferred to the invoice, but how do I format the information displayed on the invoice? For example, with HTML you can put in the codes for bold and underline etc and change the font and sizes. That's easy to do for the static information that stays on the invoice all the time, but it's the information transferred from the database I want to format. I think I can change the font and size in the database, but then that would change the font and size of all the information in the database and I don't want to do that.

Hope this makes sense!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Best wishes,
Mark
Collapse

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:21
Swedish to English
+ ...
Customised templates May 27, 2007

Chinese Concept wrote:
Hi,
... how do I format the information displayed on the invoice?

Assuming I have understood your requirement, namely to display the database information in a different format or style from the static information, surely the simplest answer is to apply different formats or styles on the template. So if your template has this:

INVOICE \INV_CODE\

you could apply one format to INVOICE and a different one to \INV_CODE\. Works fine for me.

If you then wanted different formats for different customers, you could simply have several customised templates all with different formats. Does that answer your question?

Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 00:21
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 27, 2007

Hi Peter,
Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to do and it did answer my question, thank you. That's so simple and obvious and there was me trying to add in html codes and things like /fnum/ and ,2 if you want things to appear with two decimal places etc. I think I'd been fiddling around with it so much that I totally overlooked the obvious!

I do have one other question if you have the time. Currently the date on the invoice is in the short format e.g. 27/5/07 and I'd like to in
... See more
Hi Peter,
Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to do and it did answer my question, thank you. That's so simple and obvious and there was me trying to add in html codes and things like /fnum/ and ,2 if you want things to appear with two decimal places etc. I think I'd been fiddling around with it so much that I totally overlooked the obvious!

I do have one other question if you have the time. Currently the date on the invoice is in the short format e.g. 27/5/07 and I'd like to in the long format e.g. 27th May 2007 or even Sunday 27th May 2007. I've tried changing the variable from \invoice_date\ to \invoice_longdate\ as it says in "help" but then when I look at a generated invoice it appears on the invoice as \invoice_longdate\

In the client section I've selected the formats I want under "Locale Format" but that doesn't seem to make any difference. What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,
Mark
Collapse

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:21
Swedish to English
+ ...
Sorry, can't help with longdate May 27, 2007

Chinese Concept wrote:
I'd like to in the long format e.g. 27th May 2007

Dunno. Suggest you contact TO3000 direct - they are helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Office 3000 - I need help formatting the variables for templates

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »