2 double clicks is one too many in Word - Office 2003
Thread poster: Martin Wenzel

Martin Wenzel
Germany
Local time: 07:37
English to German
+ ...
May 27, 2007

I have this problem that in order to open a Word file in Office 2003 I have to double-click twice

Surely, this would not be a big time issue, but these mouse-clicks add up in time, and I am sure there must be a simple solution to this...

HELP!

Direct link Reply with quote

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
German to French
Solution May 27, 2007

Open your Windows Explorer and go to Tools/Options.
In the last field, select the option you want (simple or double click to open a file).

HTH,
Sylvain

Martin Wenzel
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Why change settings in the Explorer? May 27, 2007

I tried that it did not work. Wouldn't it stand to reason to make such a change from within Word itself?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2 double clicks is one too many in Word - Office 2003

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs