experience with Translation office 3000 ?
Thread poster: Laurens Landkroon
Laurens Landkroon
Laurens Landkroon  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:15
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 27, 2007

Dear colleague,

Have you got experience with this software prog. (current version "V8" ?
Is it worth buying? pros/cons ?

Thanks for your input!

Laurens.

Livia D'Ettorre
Livia D'Ettorre  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Italian
+ ...
A few threads about it Jun 27, 2007

Hi Laurens,

I can't tell you much about it, apart that a friend of mine says it's very good. However, you can have a look at these threads:

http://www.proz.com/post/555808#555808

http://www.proz.com/post/467020#467020

Livia

Andrej
Andrej  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:15
Member (2005)
German to Russian
+ ...
. Jun 27, 2007

I am really satisfied with this software.

nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
excellent for business management - not an accounting software Jun 27, 2007

I've been using it for 7 months now.
It's really good to keep trace of clients / jobs / rates / invoicing / delivery deadlines / paiement deadlines.

But it is not enough to keep your accounts - even if there are some basic features to enter your expenses and calculate your "profit" - especially when your tax authorities have very specific requirements, like in France.

They do periodically announce discounts - keep an eye on their website !

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Very satisfied Jun 27, 2007

I bought it about 7 months ago, and I am very satisfied. As Nordiste says, it's not a real accounting program. But for translators who have trouble with management of their clients/jobs/invoices, etc. (like me ) it's a great tool to keep track of all this.

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Very satisfied... Jun 27, 2007

It really has helped me organise my jobs, from the time I first get the texts, until I send them back. Then it really helps me with invoicing, which is very customisable.

And there is a very good quotation option too, although I have not used that very much. And I perfer to use PractiCount & Invoice 3 for doing multple document word counts, rather than the built-in Anycount.

If you have a lot of clients, and many smaler jobs, it really can help with maintaining some o
... See more
It really has helped me organise my jobs, from the time I first get the texts, until I send them back. Then it really helps me with invoicing, which is very customisable.

And there is a very good quotation option too, although I have not used that very much. And I perfer to use PractiCount & Invoice 3 for doing multple document word counts, rather than the built-in Anycount.

If you have a lot of clients, and many smaler jobs, it really can help with maintaining some order!

Cheers.
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
It's very good to use... Jun 30, 2007

...but there is not much point in the exercise if there is absolutely no way of backing it up. Just find out the first time that you lose all the data from it!

Astrid

SKYE Language Solutions
SKYE Language Solutions
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
can some features be changed? Jul 14, 2007

Hi, I've downloaded the trial version (30 days) of this software and I find it quite useful but there is a few things that I haven't managed to change and they're absolutely necessary. For example, is it possible to apply a diferent VAT than the one that appears by default on the program (which is 20%)? I need to apply a 16%. I also need to deduct a 7% from the total amount and I need it to say IRPF next to it. Besides, is the program available in other languages (say, Spanish), or is it possibl... See more
Hi, I've downloaded the trial version (30 days) of this software and I find it quite useful but there is a few things that I haven't managed to change and they're absolutely necessary. For example, is it possible to apply a diferent VAT than the one that appears by default on the program (which is 20%)? I need to apply a 16%. I also need to deduct a 7% from the total amount and I need it to say IRPF next to it. Besides, is the program available in other languages (say, Spanish), or is it possible to custom the fields given by default for invoices and quotes and save these changes for future invoices and quotes? it doesn't make any sense to have a program that does invoices and quotes in a few clicks for you but in a language that your customers don't speak... and if you are to rewrite it all yourself every time, might as well just have your own template and not do invoices and quotes through the program. Any ideas?Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

experience with Translation office 3000 ?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »