Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 00:29
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Jul 10, 2007

Hello,

I'm looking for a DVD player application that handles video and audio playback in slow motion and fast forward. Nero Show Time can do that, but somehow it keeps crashing and I can't find the installation cds.

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Owen Davies
Japan
Local time: 14:29
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
+ ...
VLC Media Player Jul 10, 2007

Hi Claudia,
I recently used VLC media player for a transcription project which worked nicely. And it's free! Plays back DVDs and pretty much any media file
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Hope that helps
Owen

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 00:29
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
VLC Jul 10, 2007

Hello Owen,

Thank you, I downloaded VLC but I can't find the way to modify the playback options. I'm looking for something that will allow me to modify the speed of the playback without distorting neither the audio nor the video, which is what I like about Show Time. Can VLC do that?

Edit:

SMPlayer

I found another freeware that can control the playback speed, which is great for transcription.

SMPlayer

[Edited at 2007-07-10 05:49]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free DVD player app for transcription project

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs