Thread poster: Richard Hall
Richard Hall
Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:48
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 16, 2007

I am unable to launch version 7 and version 8 of TO3000. When I try to open either application I get an error message "Runtime error 216 at [address]. I've looked at firewall settings, antivirus, (Security Shield, Norton, Microtrend - the latter two recently removed) and found nothing. AIT have been working on the problem for a few days and so far have come up with nothing.

I running XP Pro.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and was able to fix it
... See more
I am unable to launch version 7 and version 8 of TO3000. When I try to open either application I get an error message "Runtime error 216 at [address]. I've looked at firewall settings, antivirus, (Security Shield, Norton, Microtrend - the latter two recently removed) and found nothing. AIT have been working on the problem for a few days and so far have come up with nothing.

I running XP Pro.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and was able to fix it.

Thanks in advance

[Edited at 2007-07-16 08:30]
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:48
English to German
+ ...
No solution Jul 16, 2007

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for your problem, but a couple of months ago I encountered a problem with TO3000 v7. I wasn't able to launch it, no matter what I did. I tried everything, but Windows did not even give an error message, it just wouldn't launch.

My initial idea was to upgrade to v8, but that did not work because the upgrade utility for the database did not work either - same problem as with v7. (I then had my db converted by AIT, and was able to secure my data i
... See more
Unfortunately I don't have a solution for your problem, but a couple of months ago I encountered a problem with TO3000 v7. I wasn't able to launch it, no matter what I did. I tried everything, but Windows did not even give an error message, it just wouldn't launch.

My initial idea was to upgrade to v8, but that did not work because the upgrade utility for the database did not work either - same problem as with v7. (I then had my db converted by AIT, and was able to secure my data in the end.)

My guess was that - as Windows had installed patches and upgrades a couple of days before this problem occurred - this all had to do with Windows. Did you install any patches, upgrades, etc. to your system before this occurred? Have you added any new software to your system?

Sonja
Collapse

Richard Hall
Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:48
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes... Jul 16, 2007

In fact, I also installed windows updates. I beginning to think that it must have been the updates rather than the new antivirus. I hope that AIT will be able to find a solution.

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:48
English to German
+ ...
Remove patches Jul 16, 2007

If everything else fails, you could try to revert to the state before the patches were installed.

In the meantime, I have switched to Linux and currently don't have a Windows system at hand, which is why I can't give you any details on how to do that.

Good luck,

Sonja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Office TO3000 Versions 7 and 8

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »