Thread poster: Daniel Šebesta

Daniel Šebesta  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:14
Member (2007)
English to Czech
+ ...
Aug 30, 2007

A client of mine recently asked me to do a voice-over job, creating a WAV file. I couldn't accept this job. I have only a simple headset for Skype calls and no recording software. Could someone recommend a good application for any voice-over work, or specifically for creating WAV files?

TIA,

Daniel

Direct link Reply with quote

Dallas Cao
China
Local time: 20:14
English to Chinese
+ ...
cooleditpro Aug 30, 2007

There are many. I recommend CoolEditPro. It's really cool to record and edit WAV files

Kathi Stock  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:14
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Sound Forge Audio Studio (Sony) Aug 30, 2007

Is less than $100...let's you create files in many different formats, you can edit your recorded file...etc.

Does a perfect job for me.

Kathi

José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:14
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Acoustica Aug 30, 2007

I have been using successive versons of Acoustica
http://www.acondigital.com/us_Acoustica1.html
for years, and I'm fully satisfied with it. Costs $ 40, and you may download a trial verson to check first.

When a client hires me to subtitle a DVD, I make them a surprise by improving the original soudtrack with Acoustica whenever there is room for improvement. The improved sound makes translaruion easier.

Czech Republic
Member (2007)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Aug 30, 2007

Thanks a lot for all your valuable recommendations. I will certainly try out some of the tools.

Daniel

Czech Republic
Member (2007)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Additinal question -- hardware Aug 30, 2007

What hardware do you use for voice-overs? I guess my headset for phone calls won't be the right thing.

frenklinjaon
English
How to manage your documents by Activefiler software ? Sep 30, 2007

Activefiler Software provides a suite of document management software products. These products serve the variable data , document output management, and legacy data printing and conversion markets. activefiler software helps its customers significantly reduce operational costs, greatly improve document flow and work processes, and expand and improve document creation and distribution choices.

http://www.awgarstone.com/product.php?item=activefiler

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Voice-over software

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs