Problem with Translator's Abacus
Thread poster: Christine Cuk
Christine Cuk
United States
Local time: 04:58
Member (2011)
Arabic to English
Sep 13, 2007

I've downloaded Translator's Abacus in order to do word counts of pdf files. It works for Word files, but for every pdf file I've tried, it gives me "0" as the count. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

[Edited at 2007-09-13 15:10]

Direct link Reply with quote

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:58
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
No problem over here Sep 13, 2007

Abacus seems to count the words in the PDF without cutting, pasting and counting them in Word. Do you have Acrobat Reader or Adobe installed? Do the PDF documents contain selectable words? They might just as well be imported faxes or other pictures.

English to French
Try this one Sep 15, 2007

Works perfect. So easy.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Translator's Abacus

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs