https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/83890-suggestions_for_to3000_v9.html

Suggestions for TO3000 v9
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:50
Spanish
+ ...
Sep 14, 2007

Hello,

Some of you may have received the TO3K newsletter--months ago, where they announced there's a new version in the making. So I think this is the time to let them know what improvements we want to see and what are the things that bother us about TO3000 v7/8, and point the development team to this thread. That way we (TO3000 users) could all have a discussion on our suggestions, to find common grounds and even make our suggestions more 'doable' -- I've send a few suggestions to
... See more
Hello,

Some of you may have received the TO3K newsletter--months ago, where they announced there's a new version in the making. So I think this is the time to let them know what improvements we want to see and what are the things that bother us about TO3000 v7/8, and point the development team to this thread. That way we (TO3000 users) could all have a discussion on our suggestions, to find common grounds and even make our suggestions more 'doable' -- I've send a few suggestions to them but I don't know if others might find them interesting as well.

I for once, think that the new version should have 2 ways of organizing files and project since there seems to be many people that are still using v7 (although it took me a while but I've come to like v8 better).

Anyway, I'll post my suggestions later today, I hope we can have a useful discussion about this.

Claudia
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:50
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Keeping track of a client's credit limit Sep 14, 2007

Hi Claudia,

I already wrote to them recently putting forward the suggestion of being able to keep track of a client's credit limit. For example, if a new client comes along, you might only wish to give that client, for example, EUR 1000 credit in the first month, or at least until the first invoice has been paid. However, some new clients place one order after another in quick succession, and, before I realise what I am doing, I have often given them extended credit, e.g. 30 days to
... See more
Hi Claudia,

I already wrote to them recently putting forward the suggestion of being able to keep track of a client's credit limit. For example, if a new client comes along, you might only wish to give that client, for example, EUR 1000 credit in the first month, or at least until the first invoice has been paid. However, some new clients place one order after another in quick succession, and, before I realise what I am doing, I have often given them extended credit, e.g. 30 days to pay the first invoice of EUR 500.00, another 30 days a few days later to pay an invoice of EUR 1200.00 and yet another 30 days' credit a few days later to pay a further invoice of EUR 750.00. What I would like is a facility in TO3000 that instantly reminds me how much credit the client has already run up. Also, it would be useful if TO3000 would put a little box into the invoices, underneath the date, for example, stating the client's credit limit, for every client.

They have already answered me on this topic, and are considering the suggestion. However, it would be interesting to hear how many other people would like this facility.

Astrid
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:50
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My suggestions Sep 15, 2007

The suggestions I have sent them:

• Client Manager
    It would organize my clients by categories, with a drag-and-drop interface, so the managing would be easier. For instance, some clients are very active during some periods and then disappear for the rest of the year, with this feature clients could be moved from 'Old Clients' to 'Regular Clients' in a breeze and then back again.
    It would also be really useful to hav... See more
The suggestions I have sent them:

• Client Manager
    It would organize my clients by categories, with a drag-and-drop interface, so the managing would be easier. For instance, some clients are very active during some periods and then disappear for the rest of the year, with this feature clients could be moved from 'Old Clients' to 'Regular Clients' in a breeze and then back again.
    It would also be really useful to have TO3000 to automatically highlight or show all 'Active Clients. Another feature that I would like to see is a 'Blacklisted clients' feature. The use of filters could also be very helpful.
  • Tags and search
    I think I requested the implementation of tags a while ago. Tags--or keywords could be applied to clients, jobs, projects, etc. That way everything would be easier to find.
  • Calendar/Task/Notes
    I don't mean something like 'Schedule of projects', I'm thinking more like an Outlook-ish kind of Calendar, where we could add minor things like 'call PM about this or that' while we're on a project, or 'check this term', things like that. And all the tasks, events, notes will show up in the same area, not just on the Project View.

Those are all the suggestions I can remember right now.
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Discounts and projects Sep 15, 2007

I use Projetex but I think my issues also concern T3000.
I would like to apply fixed discounts to an invoice (e.g. €10 off), not just percentages. I would also like this discount to show up in the initial quote to the client.
As for projects, I would like to see the clients name in the lefthand column of the main project window along with the project number and name.
Finally, when saving and opening a quote in Word, I would like the file name to be automatically set to inclu
... See more
I use Projetex but I think my issues also concern T3000.
I would like to apply fixed discounts to an invoice (e.g. €10 off), not just percentages. I would also like this discount to show up in the initial quote to the client.
As for projects, I would like to see the clients name in the lefthand column of the main project window along with the project number and name.
Finally, when saving and opening a quote in Word, I would like the file name to be automatically set to include the quote number with client name followed by the project name (e.g. "Q-XXX0001 Project name").

Thanks,

John
Collapse

AIT-Software
AIT-Software
Local time: 06:50
English
John's request Jan 11, 2008

John Di Rico wrote:

Dear John,

You can add client name into lefthand projects list using customization option. If you right-click on this list and choose "Customize columns" item, client name column will be available for turning on.

Best regards,
Anatoliy

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Thanks Anatoliy Jan 14, 2008

That's perfect! Is this new or was it always available?

Warmest regards,
John

Mads Grøftehauge
Mads Grøftehauge  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
various suggestions Feb 14, 2008

Here are some ideas I've gathered over time, but never gotten around to sending:

Invoices:

Seemingly random order of jobs on invoice. Date would be best.

I would like to be able to specify more variables in invoice name and decide whether or not to include _0 in the number. E.g. 'text_GLOBALCODE_CLIENT_PROJECT'.

I would like to be able to specify default invoice folder on my computer for all invoices.

For new invoice, instea
... See more
Here are some ideas I've gathered over time, but never gotten around to sending:

Invoices:

Seemingly random order of jobs on invoice. Date would be best.

I would like to be able to specify more variables in invoice name and decide whether or not to include _0 in the number. E.g. 'text_GLOBALCODE_CLIENT_PROJECT'.

I would like to be able to specify default invoice folder on my computer for all invoices.

For new invoice, instead of using same template, tax, payment method etc. as in the last invoice for another client, please use as default the information used last *for the client in question*.

Payments:

It takes much too many clicks to create a payment. I would prefer to just open the invoice and set a date for 'paid in full'.

Reports:

Monthly sales: Put every month's total in the box over each column instead of repeating the date. Add a line that represents the average and write what the average is.
(This can be done manually for each like so:
1. Open required report for editing, double-click the chart section on the report page.
2. In the Chart Editor window click Series1, and tick Marks options.
3. Click the field in front of Style option and select smsValue parameter.
4. Click OK button and save report. )

GUI:

'Main' should not be a tab, but a permanent list. I would prefer to have it on the left instead of the navigation shortcut buttons. Those could be on the top menu bar (customizable).

A column in overviews with value of amount without tax.

'Invoices to Clients' Overview:

Language errors:
'Settled xx days early' (not 'earlier')
'Settled xx days late' (not 'later')
'Settled exactly on time' (not 'in time')

Colour-coding of late payments, please.
Rephrasing sentences for late payments 'Payment late by xx days' would enable sorting by late and early payers.

General:

Base everything on sales without sales tax. PLEASE!

Quick and Dirty creation of jobs. Most of the time, Projects aren't necessary. Fewer clicks to do common tasks in general.

Make a system of alerts - most crucial would of course be an alert when invoices are overdue, but jobs overdue would be good too

- Mads G
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestions for TO3000 v9

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »