https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/8835-keyboard_problem_in_adobe_pagemaker_help_needed.html

Keyboard problem in Adobe Pagemaker - help needed!
Thread poster: Natalie
Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:47
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Feb 23, 2003

Dear colleagues, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on the following problem.

I need typing Polish in an English version of Adobe Pagemaker. English versions of Adobe applications do not tolerate non-English fonts and keyboard layouts, therefore third party applications are needed. I use Virnetas Regional Settings Changer, and I have absolutely no problems with typing both Russian and Polish in other English versions of Adobe applications (Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
... See more
Dear colleagues, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on the following problem.

I need typing Polish in an English version of Adobe Pagemaker. English versions of Adobe applications do not tolerate non-English fonts and keyboard layouts, therefore third party applications are needed. I use Virnetas Regional Settings Changer, and I have absolutely no problems with typing both Russian and Polish in other English versions of Adobe applications (Photoshop, Illustrator etc.) I can also type Russian in Pagemaker, but I cannot type several Polish diacritics (surprisingly, only SOME of them, not all!)

When I copy Polish text from Word and paste it into Pagemaker, the text looks absolutely fine, therefore the problem is with the keyboard only.

Just in case:

Operating system - Windows 98, Central European (Polish) version

Adobe Pagemaker 7.0, English version

Is there any possibility of creating keyboard shortcuts in Pagemaker (similarly to Word)? Or maybe there is another solution? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-23 11:55]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:47
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try KeyGO Feb 23, 2003

As a third-party keyboard driver. It has a lot of options and should work even with english PM. You can download an evaluation copy here: http://www.gdgsystems.com

The other possibility is to use ANSI-codes for each character.

There was a polish keyboard driver, a very good one, intended for Windows 3.1, which worked perfectly with WIN98, but due to the death of its developer, Andrze
... See more
As a third-party keyboard driver. It has a lot of options and should work even with english PM. You can download an evaluation copy here: http://www.gdgsystems.com

The other possibility is to use ANSI-codes for each character.

There was a polish keyboard driver, a very good one, intended for Windows 3.1, which worked perfectly with WIN98, but due to the death of its developer, Andrzej Górbiel it wasn´t further developed and I´m not sure, if you can get it somwhere today. I mean ZECER.

As far as I know, there is no possibility of creating shortcuts in PM, as it is possible in Word. Adobe programs are not as user friendly as Word.

Kind regards

Jerzy

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard problem in Adobe Pagemaker - help needed!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »