Is Translation Office 3000 v7 Vista Compatible?
Thread poster: Sandra Alboum
Sandra Alboum
Sandra Alboum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:32
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 8, 2008

Help! I had to get a new computer (long story) and now I'm stuck with Vista. Is v7 Vista compatible? I install it, but can't get it to open!

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:32
English to Dutch
+ ...
I'm trying to find that out too, Jan 8, 2008

only for TO 3000 v8.
I'll keep you posted!

Forgot to add: I have worked with Vista for a while now, but I'm new to TO. So I'm coming from the opposite direction, so to speak.

[Edited at 2008-01-08 16:30]

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 14:32
Spanish
+ ...
Why don't you contact AIT? Jan 8, 2008

They usually answer questions very fast.

Sandra Alboum
United States
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did. Jan 8, 2008

Several times. Still waiting to hear back.

Pavel Janoušek
Pavel Janoušek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 21:32
German to Czech
+ ...
Yes, it is. Jan 8, 2008

I have been using TO3000 with Vista since it came out and it works fine.

Sandra Alboum
United States
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Straight from the horse's mouth Jan 9, 2008

Got this from the TO3000 folks this morning.

V7 is NOT compatible with Vista.

Hello Sandra,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please, accept my sincere apologies for delay. You can find my answers below.

1) Standard procedure from transferring data from one computer to another is as follows:

- Create backup of your data in TO3000 installed on old PC (menu command Database > Backup).
- Install TO3000 on new PC.
... See more
Got this from the TO3000 folks this morning.

V7 is NOT compatible with Vista.

Hello Sandra,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please, accept my sincere apologies for delay. You can find my answers below.

1) Standard procedure from transferring data from one computer to another is as follows:

- Create backup of your data in TO3000 installed on old PC (menu command Database > Backup).
- Install TO3000 on new PC.
- Copy TO3000 backup to new PC.
- Restore backup in TO3000 installed on new PC (menu command Database >Restore).

In case you would like to transfer your data from Version 7 on computer with Windows XP to Version 8 on computer with Windows Vista, the procedure differs. At first it would be advisable to Import your data from Version 7 to Version 8 on your old computer (see my answer 4). And then you will be allowed to perform steps mentioned above.

2) Unfortunately TO3000 Version 7 is not supported by Windows Vista. Translation Office 30000 Version 8 however, works fine under this operating system.

3) �Registration key and the database key don't match� error usually occurs when you try to register program with invalid license key, for example Version with a key for Version 8 or vice versa. Please, make sure that the key you try to paste into registration window is valid for this version of software.

4) You can transfer your workflow data from version 7 to version 8 (but not from TO3000 V8 back to TO3000 V7). Transferring can be performed by special Data from Version 7 to 8 Import Utility that can be downloaded at: http://download.to3000.com/q2s4u6w8/TO3000DataImport7to8.exe . Also TO3000 V7 to V8 Upgrade Guide id available: http://www.to3000.com/images/stories/Download/TO3000V7toV8UpgradeGuide.pdf .

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or require additional information.

Kind regards,
Anatoliy

----------------------------------------------
Anatoliy Zinevych,
AIT Software Development Team
http://www.anycount.com
http://www.translation3000.com
http://www.projetex.com
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 14:32
Spanish
+ ...
One more reason Jan 9, 2008

... why Vista sucks.

I'm sorry about that Sandra.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is Translation Office 3000 v7 Vista Compatible?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »