Off topic: Off Topic: Reasons Why English is so Hard to Learn!
Thread poster: Roberto Tokuda
| | Roberto Tokuda
Local time: 12:59
Japanese to Spanish
Lo pongo acá porque mi inglés no es muy bueno como para comentarlo en el
Y luego de repasar este artítculo, si bien me hizo reír... creo que voy a
continuar con el japonés...
Reasons Why English is so Hard to Learn!
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to
present the present.
8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10) I did not object to the object.
11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
13) They were too close to the door to close it.
14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.
15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18) After a number of injections my jaw got number.
19) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
20) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
21) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
Let's face it - English is a crazy language. There is no egg in an
eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
Sweetmeats are candies, while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.
But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly,
boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is
it a pig. You park in the driveway but you drive on the parkway.You ship
by truck and send cargo by ship.
How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and
a wise guy are opposites? You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a
language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you
fill in a form by filling it out and in which an alarm goes off by going
on. When the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are
out, they are invisible. And finally, how about when you want to shut
down your computer you have to hit "START!!
| || || |
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
Off Topic: Reasons Why English is so Hard to Learn!
|TransPDF.com PDF Translation|
|Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality|
Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.
More info »
|Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight|
The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units
More info »