Off topic: Tribute to my dear friend Maria Saud
Thread poster: Sonia Gomes
Sonia Gomes
Sonia Gomes  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:47
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jul 20, 2004

In September I was working on a massive translation Project and needed a Portuguese Spell Check urgently. I ran around trying to get it and then posted my requirements on Proz. From the other side of the world, Netherlands, Maria sent me a link to a site where I could download the Spell check. We kept in touch and through mails I came to know that Maria was very ill. I could not believe it, here was a person so very, very ill and this person reached out to another person in need. That was Maria,... See more
In September I was working on a massive translation Project and needed a Portuguese Spell Check urgently. I ran around trying to get it and then posted my requirements on Proz. From the other side of the world, Netherlands, Maria sent me a link to a site where I could download the Spell check. We kept in touch and through mails I came to know that Maria was very ill. I could not believe it, here was a person so very, very ill and this person reached out to another person in need. That was Maria, although ill she was so cheerful and giving and full of life. We spoke of Brazilian recipes and I mentioned Dende oil, Maria replied promptly "Shall I send it to you" Always cheerful and optimistic to the last. I got to know her husband Albert, a lovely person who stood by her all those months. I miss those letters "Minha Sonia" Ola Sonia and this Christmas I will miss the snowflake that she used to catch for me.

Wherever you are Maria I know you will spread cheer and goodwill. As for me Maria, there is a place in my heart where you will always be.

I miss you terribly

Sonia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tribute to my dear friend Maria Saud

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »