Mobile menu

How to por los tradutores incipientes
Thread poster: Ruxi

German to Romanian
+ ...
Dec 7, 2004

I am sorry to put it in English, but my Spanish is not good enough.
Some weeks ago there was a discussion regarding a way to collect information for the beginners as freelance translators.
The conclusions of these discussions are: we could do "How-to's" for each country, where information can be found in a sort of database.
Somebody already did for France. I have already done for Germany and submitted to Ralf Lemster for corrections and suggestions.
Messages have been put in the Italian and Spanish forum, but did not yet show up.
I could see there are beginners who ask a lot of questions and also people who get established in a new country.
Here are some useful information needed:

1. Skills, Studies, certificates required
2. Certificates for notarial translations and Court
3. Financial registration (VAT a.s.o)
4. Medical insurance
5. Social insurance
6. Unemployment insurance
7. Pension insurance
8. Invoicing:
-VAT (income limits which require VAT registration, for which countries to consider VAT and for what kind of clients)
9. CAT - which is useful for what, features a.s.o
10. Other aspects
Web-sites with such information are also wellcome in the databases.

I am adressing here especially to countries like: Italy, Spain and Latin-American countries, all English speaking countries (UK,USA, Canada, Australia a.s.o), where there are a great number of translators.The others are also wellcome to do it for them.

Help your colleagues,

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:18
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Administrative information Dec 7, 2004

may be found in

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to por los tradutores incipientes

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs