TRANZsmart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 16, 2007

Hi,

Spanish - English

Does anyone know of a good dictionary or glossary for electric and plumbing items/products? I'm just starting a translation for which i can see that i will probably need one... any suggestions would be much appreciated asap!

thanks everyone!

[Edited at 2007-02-16 20:56]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ana Maria Bustos K.  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 03:23
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Found something in Google Feb 16, 2007

Hi Henry,

I found something in Google that might be useful even if it is only a few words. It's a two page Electrical Home Inspection Reporting Language translated from English to Spanish. By word it might be useful, I took a quick look at the translated sentences and they were not really that good, but understandable if corrected a little bit in its grammar. Looks like it's been translated by someone that does not know that much Spanish. Anyway, I hope it helps!

Regards,
Ana María

http://www.octoberhome.com/span/electric.html

United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ana Feb 16, 2007

Thanks Ana,

That seems like it should be able to help me with a few of the terms. But any other specific dictionnaries or glossaries would still be much appreciated!

thanks!

Chile
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
U R Welcome Henry Feb 16, 2007

http://www.octoberhome.com/span/plumbing.html

Now I found the plumbing part of the same link, and I want to send you one of my glossaries; it is related to General Industry Terms. Do you think it will do?

I also have the Simon & Schuster's English/Spanish and Spanish/English International Dictionary, so you can send me and E-mail with several terms and I can look for the words and send them back to you.

The only thing is that I don't know how to attach files here...

Best regards,
Ana María

United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
tranzsmart@gmail.com Feb 16, 2007

Ana,

i just sent you an email, but ill post here as well if you didnt get it.
Thanks again for all your help... id love to take you up on the offer of the glossary... if you'd like to send me an email then my address is tranzsmart@gmail.com - it'd be very warmly welcomed! Ill try and get it done by myself but i hope that you wont mind me contacting you if there is anything i can't work out - ill try to take up as little of your time as possible.

thanks again!

Chile
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Glossary Feb 17, 2007

Henry,

I received your E-mail and I am answering it right now. I am enclosing the glossary I offered before.

Of course I do not mind you contacting me to ask for help, I offered it in the first place! So do not worry, okey? Happy to help.

Ana María

United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ana Feb 17, 2007

Most kind Ana, I'm privileged!

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:23
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
GlossPost Feb 17, 2007

Hi Henry,

In the drop-down menus under "Community", pick out GlossPost.

It's something of a complicated interface, because you have to choose either "Tech/Engineering" as a broad category, OR pick out individual BSO categories OR input keywords that you think will be of help. (Note that using too many filters may bring 0 results, and with more 8,000 links on file, there's bound to be something there). Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Electrical and Plumbing glossary/dictionary

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs