Mobile menu

Trados- Two Columns in Word
Thread poster: Terejimenez

Terejimenez  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 11, 2007

My customer needs a clean file in word with two columns, the left column in English and the right column in Spanish. I am having trouble to work this file with Trados. I need your advise to work with Trados and have a clean file with the two columns.

Thanks a lot for your promt help

Tere

Direct link Reply with quote

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:45
Italian to English
See explanation in this thread Apr 11, 2007

Hi Tere,

This is quite a common situation.

What you could do is copy the original text from the lefthand column into the righthand one, mark the lefthand column as hidden text, translate the righthand column, clean up the file and remove the hidden text style in the lefthand column.

Gianfranco Manca explains how to do it here:

http://www.proz.com/post/458557#458557

Best of luck,

Giles

Terejimenez  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Giles Apr 11, 2007

Thank you very much for your quick reply and valuable input.

I managed to prepare the columns for translation and to hide the left column with the help of another very kind and expert colleague, changing the style to twin external !

I would like to know if there is a way to hide text working with Trados.

Kind regards,

Tere

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:45
Italian to English
You've answered your own question Apr 11, 2007

Terejimenez wrote:

Thank you very much for your quick reply and valuable input.

I managed to prepare the columns for translation and to hide the left column with the help of another very kind and expert colleague, changing the style to twin external !

I would like to know if there is a way to hide text working with Trados.

Kind regards,

Tere

Just apply the t4winexternal style to the part of the document you want to hide. It doesn't have to be a whole column; it can be a paragraph, a sentence or a word.

Cheers,

Giles

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados- Two Columns in Word

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs