Dyran Altenburg (X)
Dyran Altenburg (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.adage.com/news.cms?newsId=35842

Interesante muestra de variedades del español en un anuncio de Heineken.

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
need a lesson in regionalisms Jan 29, 2003

Both Mexican and Argentinian versions were almost completely unintelligible for me...although I could discern the meaning of the Mexican since I hear that typical sing-song all the time here. The *translation* into universal Spanish (was that Castillian?) saved me. You could write entire linguistic treatises on this. Thanks, it was entertaining!

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:59
English to Spanish
That was fun! Jan 29, 2003

Although it would have helped to have Henry Hinds around for the Mexican stuff, and to be a few years younger for the Argentinian version!

Qué buena cosa los multimedios, no? O los multimedia? O...?

Andrea

nimrodtran
nimrodtran
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not "Castillian" (what's "Castillian"?) Jan 29, 2003

Hi,

Marcus wrote: \"The *translation* into universal Spanish (was that Castillian?) saved me\".

I don\'t know what you call Castillian. In Argentina, when I was young(er), at elementary and at high school, language class was called \"Castellano\". If you mean by Castillian the \"Spaniard Spanish\", the answer is no. It was the so-called \"neutral Spanish\", more or less understandable everywhere. (An Spaniard would never say something like \"presencia l�
... See more
Hi,

Marcus wrote: \"The *translation* into universal Spanish (was that Castillian?) saved me\".

I don\'t know what you call Castillian. In Argentina, when I was young(er), at elementary and at high school, language class was called \"Castellano\". If you mean by Castillian the \"Spaniard Spanish\", the answer is no. It was the so-called \"neutral Spanish\", more or less understandable everywhere. (An Spaniard would never say something like \"presencia líder\").

Best regards,

Emilio
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cerveza y variedades del español

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »