Cerveza y variedades del español
Thread poster: Dyran Altenburg
Dyran Altenburg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 29, 2003

Interesante muestra de variedades del español en un anuncio de Heineken.

Direct link Reply with quote
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:24
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
need a lesson in regionalisms Jan 29, 2003

Both Mexican and Argentinian versions were almost completely unintelligible for me...although I could discern the meaning of the Mexican since I hear that typical sing-song all the time here. The *translation* into universal Spanish (was that Castillian?) saved me. You could write entire linguistic treatises on this. Thanks, it was entertaining!

Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:24
English to Spanish
That was fun! Jan 29, 2003

Although it would have helped to have Henry Hinds around for the Mexican stuff, and to be a few years younger for the Argentinian version!

Qué buena cosa los multimedios, no? O los multimedia? O...?

United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not "Castillian" (what's "Castillian"?) Jan 29, 2003

Marcus wrote: \"The *translation* into universal Spanish (was that Castillian?) saved me\".

I don\'t know what you call Castillian. In Argentina, when I was young(er), at elementary and at high school, language class was called \"Castellano\". If you mean by Castillian the \"Spaniard Spanish\", the answer is no. It was the so-called \"neutral Spanish\", more or less understandable everywhere. (An Spaniard would never say something like \"presencia líder\").

Best regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cerveza y variedades del español

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs