Mobile menu

Frases Cubanas... letras del grupo Orishas
Thread poster: jdq
English to Spanish
Aug 26, 2007

The Cuban musical group Orishas uses a lot of modern Havana slang. I am interested to hear from Cuban natives who speak English on their interpretation of some lines of the song "¿Que Pasa?" from this modern Cuban rap group.

The song can be heard on youtube:

Cuesta caro mantenerse claro.

[From what I understand, a literal translation doesn't give the best meaning that a Cuban takes away from it.]

Entro mi don desde el noventa y cinco... y tú... como un loquito corriendo sin mira tras mi luz.

Café Cantante todos los jueves, patas arriba DJ Adalberto, poniendo aquí la cima.

Te veo desesperadito mi hijo, esperando que cayera el trabajito rico. Una vez yo te demuestro que no es facilito como el puré que preparaba tu vecino Lino.

(please mention any double meanings, innuendos, if any.)

From what I understand, slang and street meanings have changed considerably post-revolution so looking for people who grew up on the island since the bearded one came to power. Also, if you can explain WHY non-obvious meanings mean what they do... a big help. English translations don't have to be perfect, just give a good idea of meaning.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-08-26 12:55]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Frases Cubanas... letras del grupo Orishas

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs