María T. Vargas
María T. Vargas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Feb 7, 2003

Falto hace unos días del foro, por lo que no sé si se ha tocado el tema.

Los traductores que con nuestro trabajo ayudamos a que se comprendan entre sí los que hablan distintas lenguas, no podemos dar carta blanca a la guerra sin que se agoten otros recursos. Sin que se haga un esfuerzo por la paz.

Aparte de firmar las cartas contra la guerra, yo he decidido incluir en todos mis presupuestos, mis faxes, correos electrónicos, etc., las frases \"No to the War\" \"No a la gue
... See more
Falto hace unos días del foro, por lo que no sé si se ha tocado el tema.

Los traductores que con nuestro trabajo ayudamos a que se comprendan entre sí los que hablan distintas lenguas, no podemos dar carta blanca a la guerra sin que se agoten otros recursos. Sin que se haga un esfuerzo por la paz.

Aparte de firmar las cartas contra la guerra, yo he decidido incluir en todos mis presupuestos, mis faxes, correos electrónicos, etc., las frases \"No to the War\" \"No a la guerra\". Es poco, pero todo lo que se haga siempre será poco para parar una masacre como la que se avecina.

Si hasta las modelos que están desfilando en la \"Barcelona Fashion Week\" lucen el símbolo de la paz, los traductores no podemos ser menos.

Saludos afectuosos a todos.

NO TO THE WAR

NO A LA GUERRA

Pampi

Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 18:03
SITE FOUNDER
No a la politics Feb 7, 2003

Maria, all,

Sorry I can not convey my thoughts to you in Spanish.

It is my hope that no matter what were to happen in the \"real\" world, we could still have a virtual zone here at ProZ.com in which people of many cultures--and conflicting views--can work together on language, in peace.

Therefore, it has always been my policy to *immediately* remove any posting that is not related to language and *has any chance* of being controvers
... See more
Maria, all,

Sorry I can not convey my thoughts to you in Spanish.

It is my hope that no matter what were to happen in the \"real\" world, we could still have a virtual zone here at ProZ.com in which people of many cultures--and conflicting views--can work together on language, in peace.

Therefore, it has always been my policy to *immediately* remove any posting that is not related to language and *has any chance* of being controversial. I have instructed moderators to do the same.

I am not open to the argument that it is important to discuss politics here. I would sooner close the site than allow it to become divisive in ways having nothing to do with language.

You may expect this policy to be applied consistently to all controversial postings, without respect to the personal views of the moderators. (So when a topic is locked or removed, this is no indication of the personal viewpoint of the person locking it.)

Please allow some consideration for the fact that moderators are not always on duty, and it may take hours or even days for a posting to be closed.

There are other, appropriate channels for politics--and those channels are much more effective than this site. I am therefore closing this thread. Please do not post anything political in the ProZ.com forums.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No a la guerra

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »