Requisitos para establecerse como traductor en Reino Unido
Thread poster: Cristina Risueño Fondevila

Cristina Risueño Fondevila

Local time: 15:32
German to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 17, 2003

Hola a todos/-as:

Tengo intención de trasladarme a vivir al Reino Unido por una larga temporada y me gustaría allí seguir con mi actividad como traductora autónoma. Me he estado informando de los requisitos de residencia, fiscales, etc. Pero me ha surgido una duda: ¿Existe en el Reino Unido algún requisito de formación para ejercer como traductor? ¿Existe un Colegio de Traductores o algo por el estilo en el que sea obligatorio colegiarse? Agradezco todas vuestras respuestas.

Un cordial saludo

Direct link Reply with quote
English to Spanish
+ ...
Translator qualfiications Feb 17, 2003

There is no single official certification system for translators. However, most agencies will require:

- At least education to degree level in your source language

- Several years\' commercial experience

- Ideally, a degree in translation studies

There are two main translators\' bodies which issue diplomas, the Institute of Linguists ( and the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (

If you have a diploma from either it is a basic guarantee of quality for a client. Both of them also have translator directories which are used by translation buyers. Both websites have a lot of useful information for translators.

You should also give yourself an English-language entry on Proz!

I wish you luck!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Requisitos para establecerse como traductor en Reino Unido

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs