Mobile menu

Off topic: english editions of El Pais or El Mundo??
Thread poster: gulin
gulin
English to Turkish
Jan 31, 2008

Hi everyone,
I have a question, really important for me and I think, here is the best place where I can ask my question.
I've been studying about Spanish Constitution for a while. So that, I wanna investigate the distinguished papers of Spain like El Pais, El Mundo etc. However, unfortunately, I don't know Spanish.
Please, tell me, is there any English editions of such Spanish newspapers or magazines on the net?

Thanks a lot for your answers.
Greetings from Turkey!

Direct link Reply with quote

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
Highly unlikely Jan 31, 2008

Even here in the U.S., the print editions of both newspapers are in Spanish. So I doubt they're translating the articles into English.

The Spanish Constitution itself is, of course, available online in English, at the Constitution's official web site.

[Edited at 2008-01-31 14:33]

ICL  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
El País: it is available online if you subscribe Jan 31, 2008

gulin wrote:

Hi everyone,
I have a question, really important for me and I think, here is the best place where I can ask my question.
I've been studying about Spanish Constitution for a while. So that, I wanna investigate the distinguished papers of Spain like El Pais, El Mundo etc. However, unfortunately, I don't know Spanish.
Please, tell me, is there any English editions of such Spanish newspapers or magazines on the net?

Greetings from Turkey!

Hi Gulin,

At least for El País, there is a PDF online version available (which is also given as a printed supplement - at least in Spain - of the International Herald Tribune).

It is basically a summary in English of the main articles published in the corresponding daily Spanish version of El País.

For example, here is today's English version:

http://pdf.elpais.com/archivo/pdf/20080131elphtb.pdf

But it seems this is only available if you are a paying subscriber of El País, so I don't think you'll be able to see the contents of the above link unless you decide to pay for the subscription.

Anyway, maybe worth asking directly through the El País website.

Saludos,

Ivette

[Edited at 2008-01-31 15:32]

Noni Gilbert
Spain
Local time: 14:47
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
English section of El País Jan 31, 2008

Yes, shame the English section is not available on the free section of the website. Written in perfect English btw!

xxxjohnash
English
El Pais in English was here! Feb 1, 2008

gulin wrote:

Hi everyone,

Greetings from Turkey!

Until recently, El Pais in English was available at these links
http://www.iht.com/pdfs/elpais/ep1.pdf
...ep2.pdf etc up to
http://www.iht.com/pdfs/elpais/ep8.pdf

However, this has not been updated since January 19 (it used to be updated each day). I am very much hoping this service will resume soon.

Keep your eyes peeled!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

english editions of El Pais or El Mundo??

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs