Mobile menu

DNS and Trados 8.0
Thread poster: mike4565
Local time: 11:38
English to German
Dec 20, 2008

Hello everybody,

Does anyone of you experience formatting problems under DNS 10 and Trados
Sometimes Trados (when working in Word 2003) begins the sentence with lower case
and sometimes with upper case. This problem didn't exist in previous
versions (i.e. 4.0-9.5). In TagEditor DNS always starts with upper case.
Does anyone know a solution to this?

Kind regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:38
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Perhaps just a change in behaviour ? Dec 22, 2008

I have exactly the same combination of software as you, but have not come across this problem.

But I have noticed a small change in behaviour -- if for any reason I type the first word of a sentence in Trados, and press the space bar, then that word is automatically capitalised. My impression is that this did not happen before. If I dictate the first few words, then the first word is not capitalised.

This business of capitalising the first letter has always been a bit of a nuisance, and I am not aware of any solution. I just automatically say "Cap" at the start of the sentence.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS and Trados 8.0

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs