https://www.proz.com/forum/speech_recognition/60942-dns_preferred_9_bought_in_us_for_german.html

DNS Preferred 9 bought in US for German
Thread poster: GermanTransl
GermanTransl
GermanTransl
United States
Local time: 14:45
English to German
+ ...
Dec 4, 2006

Hello,

I would like to use dNS 9 for my German translations. My question is: If I buy the version here in the US, will I be able to use it for German? Or do I need to buy the German one?

I found a few sites saying version 9 is multilingual just as 7, version 8 is not. However, the CS from DNS told me that only the non-English versions contain the multilingualism feature, the English version does not. Please tell me what is correct!

Thanks!!

Giulia TAPPI
Giulia TAPPI  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:45
French to Italian
+ ...
I have no information about DNS in the US Dec 4, 2006

but I had to buy the Italian version (coupled with English) in Italy. It seems to me that you have to buy a German version, so is it available in the US? In France, where I live, you can only find the French version.
Moreover, in my opinion, version 7 is not different from 8 or 9 in this regard.

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:45
Danish to English
+ ...
DNS Dec 4, 2006

Go to Nuance.com (Scansoft.com) and check the language section for German, then you get into the Deutchland web page where you can order the German edition and pay in Euros. If you have the English edition and want to use it for German, then you will have to train the DNS to recognize your words. I have the English version but have over the years trained it to recognize quite a bit of the Danish language, which is the language I use. There is no Danish version therefore this lengthy training. ... See more
Go to Nuance.com (Scansoft.com) and check the language section for German, then you get into the Deutchland web page where you can order the German edition and pay in Euros. If you have the English edition and want to use it for German, then you will have to train the DNS to recognize your words. I have the English version but have over the years trained it to recognize quite a bit of the Danish language, which is the language I use. There is no Danish version therefore this lengthy training. In order for you to use the German language, you will have to buy the German one, as not only does DNS recognize words but the accuracy is also based on sentence structure.Collapse

Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:45
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Link to a reseller in Germany Dec 4, 2006

I did not have any luck with the website (at the time I bought my German version 8 of DNS, it was still ScanSoft) -- the problem I encountered was that they would not ship to the US.

After some searching, I found a reseller in Karlsruhe who does ship to the US: www.linguaconsult.de
I forgot exactly how much he charged me for shipping, but it was certainly reasonable.

Alternat
... See more
I did not have any luck with the website (at the time I bought my German version 8 of DNS, it was still ScanSoft) -- the problem I encountered was that they would not ship to the US.

After some searching, I found a reseller in Karlsruhe who does ship to the US: www.linguaconsult.de
I forgot exactly how much he charged me for shipping, but it was certainly reasonable.

Alternatively, you could have the product shipped to a friend or relative in Germany and then have that person ship it to you. That's what I was about to do, but then I found Linguaconsult.

And yes, as was mentioned before, you do need to buy the German version of DNS if you want to dictate in German. (English is part of the package.)
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 13:45
Spanish
+ ...
Speakingnaturally.com Dec 4, 2006

I know that Speakingnaturally.com is a reseller that carries the French and the Spanish edition of Dragon, I don't know if they have the German edition but you can ask them. They have an amazing customer service for buyers and/or potential buyers.

Phone number: 888-634-8200
Web
... See more
I know that Speakingnaturally.com is a reseller that carries the French and the Spanish edition of Dragon, I don't know if they have the German edition but you can ask them. They have an amazing customer service for buyers and/or potential buyers.

Phone number: 888-634-8200
Web Site: www.Speakingnaturally.com or www.advancedspeech.com
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS Preferred 9 bought in US for German

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »