https://www.proz.com/forum/speech_recognition/69860-word_crashing_with_trados_%2B_dragon.html

Word crashing with Trados + Dragon
Thread poster: Sonya Gerisch
Sonya Gerisch
Sonya Gerisch  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:56
German to English
Apr 4, 2007

Hello:
Is anyone having a problem where Word is shutting down when using Dragon with Trados? I have successfully used this combination for a couple of years and for some reason I now have a consistent problem that starts with Trados Workbench opening a previously translated segment (not from a previous translation but the exact same segment) with the message: "Target text does not match text in TM. Click ?? to update" Sorry I can't remember the exact message but it is same one that appears
... See more
Hello:
Is anyone having a problem where Word is shutting down when using Dragon with Trados? I have successfully used this combination for a couple of years and for some reason I now have a consistent problem that starts with Trados Workbench opening a previously translated segment (not from a previous translation but the exact same segment) with the message: "Target text does not match text in TM. Click ?? to update" Sorry I can't remember the exact message but it is same one that appears when you want to click the Trados down arrow button to get the translation you have in the TM instead of the one that is in the document. The problem is that the target text is NOT different from the text in the TM. This is not really a problem because I can keep translating (just with the same message for each open segment and yellow background), but then sometime afterwards Word will shut down with an open segment. Today it was so bad I had to finish my translation by going into my TM and doing concordance searches and then copying out line-by-line the particular segment (to get back the translation I lost from my last save when Word shut down). I realize this is a very vague discription but that is how it is happening. When Word shuts down it is just the generic "Word has to shut down. Do you want to recover your documents?" or something like that. Every time when I go back to that section of the document, Word will shut down again. I am using XP Service pack 2, Word 2003 service pack 2, Dragon 8.0 service pack 1, Trados 7.5 (build 759). Thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2007-04-04 04:38]
Collapse

Rosie Shaddock
Rosie Shaddock  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi Sonya, Apr 4, 2007

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Dragon? Sometimes that fixes any problems with Dragon.

Good luck!

Rosie

Jing Nie
Jing Nie
China
Local time: 19:56
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I met the same problem. Apr 4, 2007

I met the same problem. The WORD shut down suddenly from time to time.

I have an alternative way, you may open the .doc file in the tageditor. Then you need not word at all.

[修改时间: 2007-04-05 03:37]

Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:56
English
+ ...
Same thing with Metatexis May 2, 2007

Hi Sonia,

I had the same problem with the CAT Tool I use most (Metatexis) when I installed Dragon 8 - So I uninstalled 8 and went back to Dragon 7 - which works perfectly with the programme.

I wonder what new features I am really missing... sigh...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word crashing with Trados + Dragon

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »