Transilvania
Transilvania
Local time: 03:06
English to German
+ ...
Nov 10, 2007

Hi folks,

I told you I would check back to give you an update, so here it is:

My DNS software works better now, at least for German. Since I own the pro version I can also dictate in English, in theory, but I' m at a loss to understand where to get the English commands??

The booklet that came with the soft. covers only German commands. The help and tutorial files on the disc offer only the important commands for English. Thats pretty poor for a 900 Euro so
... See more
Hi folks,

I told you I would check back to give you an update, so here it is:

My DNS software works better now, at least for German. Since I own the pro version I can also dictate in English, in theory, but I' m at a loss to understand where to get the English commands??

The booklet that came with the soft. covers only German commands. The help and tutorial files on the disc offer only the important commands for English. Thats pretty poor for a 900 Euro soft. isn't it? Google also offers just basic command lists. An in-dept description of all features and problems that may arise would have been helpful. I wonder what makes this version pro, ah yup the price right..? Not very advanced and a pain in your....... is my conclusion. So many question come up and no one to turn.

Any idea?

Also:

Recognition of single letters in the spelling modus does not work at all although general recognition is fine now. How can I train the spelling modus? No clue on that..... It writes h when I say a or e when i say b and so on...

[Edited at 2007-11-10 14:08]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-11-10 22:05]
Collapse

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Look for PDF manual on the CD Nov 11, 2007

There is an English manual on the CD (PDF file), and the online help is displayed in the language of your profile.

Regarding the recognition of single letters, it has never worked satisfactorily for me. I hardly ever use this function, but when I do, I speak the extended versions: "x wie Xaver", "N wie Nordpol" etc.

Endre

Transilvania
Transilvania
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hm Nov 11, 2007

I cannot access the files on the Cds because there is always an auto installation. Once installed there is no pdf file. In which folder is the pdf supposed to be?

Endre Both wrote:

There is an English manual on the CD (PDF file), and the online help is displayed in the language of your profile.

Regarding the recognition of single letters, it has never worked satisfactorily for me. I hardly ever use this function, but when I do, I speak the extended versions: "x wie Xaver", "N wie Nordpol" etc.

Endre

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Browse the CD Nov 12, 2007

Well, just cancel the installation and browse the CD for PDF files in the file manager of your choice.

Transilvania
Transilvania
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
pdf damaged Nov 13, 2007

I get a message that the pdf file is damaged and cannot be opened with adobe reader although the cd is fine without any scratches. I called customer support and they told me a full list of commands would also be in the help and tutorial files of the program once installed. I can only find a small list of commands there.

Endre Both wrote:

Well, just cancel the installation and browse the CD for PDF files in the file manager of your choice.

LegalTrans D
LegalTrans D  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
No need of r the Pro version to dicatet in English Nov 18, 2007

Transilvania wrote:
Since I own the pro version I can also dictate in English...

Preferred will also let you dictate in English, at least the German version I bought.

Transilvania
Transilvania
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to everyone but.. Nov 28, 2007

Does anyone have a complete list of commands for Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I need the commands for English and German. I have the user guides for both language pairs but I obviously need them on two lists for quick reference. I would compile the list myself but I have bought Dragon because my right arm is temporarily disabled and I am unable to compile the list at the moment. Or does anyone know a web location where I could find all commands in a logical order. The Command Center is not ver... See more
Does anyone have a complete list of commands for Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I need the commands for English and German. I have the user guides for both language pairs but I obviously need them on two lists for quick reference. I would compile the list myself but I have bought Dragon because my right arm is temporarily disabled and I am unable to compile the list at the moment. Or does anyone know a web location where I could find all commands in a logical order. The Command Center is not very effective for this purpose. I tried to dictate the list but without the commands it is nearly impossible.

One other thing: if you add a new word from the menu bar, what happens if this word already exists in the vocabulary but you didn't know that. Or does the program recognize the duplicates. Also should I add the singular and plural forms of the word?

One last thing: anyone experienced the same problem in Word 2007? Whenever I say “spell that” the program always understands expand that.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Complete list of commands? [DNS]

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »