Thread poster: hatipovic
hatipovic
hatipovic
Local time: 05:28
German to Bosnian
+ ...
Jan 26, 2008

Hello,
I just purchased Dragon Preferred. The problem is now that I want to import a large file with Bosnian and Slovenian text. It has about 20 000 new words to train. Training the words one by one is too time consuming. Is there a different way in Dragon Preferred to train the words more quickly?

Regards,
Mirza

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:28
English to French
+ ...
What are you trying to do? Jan 26, 2008

You say you want to import documents - you want to import them where? What exactly are you trying to do? Can you provide some details?

Pavle Perencevic
Pavle Perencevic  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:28
Member (2002)
Serbian to English
+ ...
I don't think this is possible Jan 27, 2008

hatipovic wrote:

Hello,
I just purchased Dragon Preferred. The problem is now that I want to import a large file with Bosnian and Slovenian text. It has about 20 000 new words to train. Training the words one by one is too time consuming. Is there a different way in Dragon Preferred to train the words more quickly?

Regards,
Mirza

Hi Mirza,

I don't think you can teach Dragon to recognize new words from languages other than the language you bought it for (e.g. UK English or German). AFAIK, Bosnian and Slovenian are still not on Dragon's list of language versions. Hopefully, this will change soon

Pavle

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:28
English to Spanish
I repeat Victoria's question Jan 28, 2008

Import documents? Where?
Training is done by "speaking" to Dragon (by way of reading the sample texts included with the software) until it recognizes your particular pattern of speech based on your particular pronunciation of the language into which you will dictate later on. No more mistery to it. Then you dictate your translation. There are no texts to import, and certainly no translation memory to draw upon.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon Preferred -> speed up training!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »