Thread poster: Maciek Drobka

Maciek Drobka  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:56
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 19, 2008

Hi all,

I have tried to find an answer in previous postings, but didn't manage, surprisingly to myself.

I am planning to buy Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 Preferred edition. I do English to Polish and Polish to English translations. As Dragon is not available in Polish, I understand I should go for the single language version (one with no Italian, Spansh, etc. added to the product name).

My spoken English is much closer to British English than to American English. Does the 'English-only Dragon' recognise both varieties equally well, or should I look for sth special in the product name/code/serial number to make sure I get a 'British' version?

And one more question. Will I always get a basic microphone bundled with the Dragon software, or is a microphone only available as a promotional item?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote
Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:56
English to Dutch
+ ...
Partial answer Feb 20, 2008

Hi Maciek,

it's been a while since I bought Dragon. I think I got a microphone with it, but I'm not using that one.

As for the English, I'll take a look at that soon; I usually dictate in Dutch, but I think the English version supports language variants. I'll check it out and get back to you on this.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which English does the English version Dragon support? + one more Q

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs