My First Post
Thread poster: Jill Heske
Jill Heske  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:55
Spanish to English
Apr 9, 2008

Hi All!

I am brand new to Proz and this forum. My language pair is Spanish>English, but I would love to add Russian>English in the future. I've lived here in Atlanta, Georgia for 17 years. I have a B.A. is in International Relations with a Russian minor, and my M.S. is in Engineering. I've been a programmer for the past 25 years. I specialize in applications programming but I also have a lot of experience with artificial intelligence technologies.

I've just started the Translation Studies program at NYU. So far I am learning a lot. This Summer I plan to take Technical Translation, which I'm looking forward to. I think it would be cool to specialize in patent translations since my husband is a patent agent. I'm not sure, though, whether there is any work in this field in my language pair.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from Proz, and even helping others once I'm more qualified. If anyone has any questions about the NYU program, or needs help with computer-related terminology, I will always try to be helpful!

Direct link

Laura Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:55
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
HELLO!! Apr 10, 2008

WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK!!
You will find PROZ really helpful, at least it is for me!
Regards!:)

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My First Post

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs