My First Post
Thread poster: Jill Heske
Jill Heske  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:31
Spanish to English
Apr 9, 2008

Hi All!

I am brand new to Proz and this forum. My language pair is Spanish>English, but I would love to add Russian>English in the future. I've lived here in Atlanta, Georgia for 17 years. I have a B.A. is in International Relations with a Russian minor, and my M.S. is in Engineering. I've been a programmer for the past 25 years. I specialize in applications programming but I also have a lot of experience with artificial intelligence technologies.

I've just started the Translation Studies program at NYU. So far I am learning a lot. This Summer I plan to take Technical Translation, which I'm looking forward to. I think it would be cool to specialize in patent translations since my husband is a patent agent. I'm not sure, though, whether there is any work in this field in my language pair.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from Proz, and even helping others once I'm more qualified. If anyone has any questions about the NYU program, or needs help with computer-related terminology, I will always try to be helpful!

Direct link

Laura Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
HELLO!! Apr 10, 2008

You will find PROZ really helpful, at least it is for me!

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My First Post

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs