Student users-only topic
Sworn translation /the Apostille of the Hague
Thread poster: Laura Rodriguez

Laura Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2008

some time ago I had do translate an academic transcript from English into Spanish. Apparently, this document was not valid because it was not "literal enough"

A couple of things:
1- The document said: "Grade 9","Grade 10", "Grade 11", "Grade 12", and then the marks. I translated this into Spanish as "12º curso(equiv. 2º de Bachillerato)", adding the equivalent in Spain. Isn't this correct? This is why I have to do it again.

2- On the other hand they have added to these document another one which is the Apostille of the Hague. I have never done it before but I have seen it must be just after the text translated.

As I said, this is the first time I am going to do it and I would appreciate any help from you.
Thanks in advance.

[Editado a las 2008-04-22 19:23]

[Editado a las 2008-04-22 20:09]

[Objet modifié par l'équipe ou un modérateur 2008-05-05 12:12]

Direct link
This post is awaiting vetting. It was edited by the poster after being approved.
Filipa Gonçalves
Local time: 22:10
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
apostille May 15, 2008

there is some info concerning the "apostille" in the link bellow:

I hope it helps.

best regards,

[Editada em 2008-05-15 17:51]

Direct link
Cecilia Ameri  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apostille/Grades Jul 3, 2008

Hi !! I know that Apostille (Convention de La haye du 5 octobre 1961) should be kept in French and then you should tranaslate what comes below, country, who signed.etc.

About the Grades you should translate Grade 10 as Grado 10 o Año 10 and explain only if you are asked to...

Espero que te sirva, saludos!!

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sworn translation /the Apostille of the Hague

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs