Laura Gómez
Spain
Local time: 21:55
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2008

Hello,
some time ago I had do translate an academic transcript from English into Spanish. Apparently, this document was not valid because it was not "literal enough"

A couple of things:
1- The document said: "Grade 9","Grade 10", "Grade 11", "Grade 12", and then the marks. I translated this into Spanish as "12º curso(equiv. 2º de Bachillerato)", adding the equivalent in Spain. Isn't this correct? This is why I have to do it again.

2- On the other hand they
... See more
Hello,
some time ago I had do translate an academic transcript from English into Spanish. Apparently, this document was not valid because it was not "literal enough"

A couple of things:
1- The document said: "Grade 9","Grade 10", "Grade 11", "Grade 12", and then the marks. I translated this into Spanish as "12º curso(equiv. 2º de Bachillerato)", adding the equivalent in Spain. Isn't this correct? This is why I have to do it again.

2- On the other hand they have added to these document another one which is the Apostille of the Hague. I have never done it before but I have seen it must be just after the text translated.

As I said, this is the first time I am going to do it and I would appreciate any help from you.
Thanks in advance.

[Editado a las 2008-04-22 19:23]

[Editado a las 2008-04-22 20:09]

[Objet modifié par l'équipe ou un modérateur 2008-05-05 12:12]
Collapse

This post is awaiting vetting. It was edited by the poster after being approved.
Filipa Gonçalves
Filipa Gonçalves
Portugal
Local time: 20:55
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
apostille May 15, 2008

hi!

there is some info concerning the "apostille" in the link bellow:

http://transnotes.pbwiki.com/Apostilla

I hope it helps.

best regards,

Filipa

[Editada em 2008-05-15 17:51]

Cecilia Ameri
Cecilia Ameri  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apostille/Grades Jul 3, 2008

Hi !! I know that Apostille (Convention de La haye du 5 octobre 1961) should be kept in French and then you should tranaslate what comes below, country, who signed.etc.

About the Grades you should translate Grade 10 as Grado 10 o Año 10 and explain only if you are asked to...

Espero que te sirva, saludos!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sworn translation /the Apostille of the Hague

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »